+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Herpes and Taxes

Herpes and Taxes

Why is genital herpes such a big deal for people?

I understand that some people attach stigma to anything sexual, that in itself being unhealthy way to go about sexuality.

However, herpes is not even a proper STD.

You can get oral herpes, from mum and dad, as a kid, and give someone your oral herpes, by kissing them sexually, or give your kid oral herpes in non sexual way.

In fact anyone can get HSV1 from anyone else, by sharing utensils and such, which is exactly why it's so prevalent.

You can give people oral type herpes virus from your mouth to their genitals, giving them oral.

So both herpes viruses can result in genital herpes...

Further more, the only genital herpes, so what?

It's a virus and none of us are planning to stop having sex, are we?

So, why are people so squeamish when it comes to things that come with the territory of being an adult and having sex, like STDs for example?

Recently I googled is my boyfriend at greater risk from his herpes given that he is a type one diabetic, and I found a bunch of diabetic people advising a man to leave a woman coz she has got herpes...

He was asking the same question, will he, if he gets HSV from her, be in more trouble as a diabetic than she is as a non diabetic.

None of them would advise that girl to leave him, coz he has got diabetes, far more serious condition that a little virus as common as HSV...

True some people were great, and pointed this out, but loads of folks were saying leave her...

All of these people have had sex, as well as guardians and parents, and could well have HSV in their body, lol, and not know it, ironically...

I hear people say, all the time, someone gave them herpes and even accuse their partners of cheating...In reality, nobody knows who gave them herpes. Tests are unreliable and you can get false negatives...

In fact you might have HSV, get tested even and get a false negative, give it to your partner, they can have a break out before you, and you accuse them of giving it to you, or even cheating...

I would think that given the elusive nature of the herpes people would let it go and chalk it up to being an adult and dealing with stuff like taxes and herpes...

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by eve.ashley; 03-07-15 at 06:39 AM.

I don't think herpes in itself is a big deal it's all things you might catch off another through any kind of sexual contact.

If someone hides it from you and sleeps with you THEN its a big deal, same goes for anything else that could be catchy.
    Condoms should always be used, unless married and monogamous and looking to create babies.

Herpes a part of your life?

Quote Originally Posted by megvoh View Post
    I don't think herpes in itself is a big deal it's all things you might catch off another through any kind of sexual contact.

If someone hides it from you and sleeps with you THEN its a big deal, same goes for anything else that could be catchy.
    Condoms should always be used, unless married and monogamous and looking to create babies.

Aversion to ignorance and dark ages is part of my life.

Regarding herpes, HSV1 is contracted trough non sexual kissing, use of drinking utensils and 60 to 95 percent of Americans get it in their childhood. (An educated estimate from doctors since it's tricky to test for herpes and false negatives are common)

This makes it not an STD. it can be more dangerous than genital herpes as it sets up cam in your head as oppose to genital herpes or HSV2.

HSV2 or the genital one, well condoms only diminish the possibility of getting it, but are not nearly as effective is they are in not getting HIV, for example...

It's a hugely prevalent virus in humans and I am astonished how much myths, prejudice, ignorance is there about herpes.
    Last edited by eve.ashley; 08-07-15 at 12:48 AM.

Any thoughts?
    Yep... I'll pass on the Herp... thank you very much.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Either one (Cold Sores or Herpes) don't look or feel good.

Regarding Herpes, it's that the carrier engages in a lot of activities that could carry diseases that make herpes look like a 'skeeter bite.
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Quote Originally Posted by eve.ashley View Post
    Why is genital herpes such a big deal for people?

I understand that some people attach stigma to anything sexual, that in itself being unhealthy way to go about sexuality.

However, herpes is not even a proper STD.

You can get oral herpes, from mum and dad, as a kid, and give someone your oral herpes, by kissing them sexually, or give your kid oral herpes in non sexual way.

In fact anyone can get HSV1 from anyone else, by sharing utensils and such, which is exactly why it's so prevalent.

You can give people oral type herpes virus from your mouth to their genitals, giving them oral.

So both herpes viruses can result in genital herpes...

Further more, the only genital herpes, so what?

It's a virus and none of us are planning to stop having sex, are we?

So, why are people so squeamish when it comes to things that come with the territory of being an adult and having sex, like STDs for example?

Recently I googled is my boyfriend at greater risk from his herpes given that he is a type one diabetic, and I found a bunch of diabetic people advising a man to leave a woman coz she has got herpes...

He was asking the same question, will he, if he gets HSV from her, be in more trouble as a diabetic than she is as a non diabetic.

None of them would advise that girl to leave him, coz he has got diabetes, far more serious condition that a little virus as common as HSV...

True some people were great, and pointed this out, but loads of folks were saying leave her...

All of these people have had sex, as well as guardians and parents, and could well have HSV in their body, lol, and not know it, ironically...

I hear people say, all the time, someone gave them herpes and even accuse their partners of cheating...In reality, nobody knows who gave them herpes. Tests are unreliable and you can get false negatives...

In fact you might have HSV, get tested even and get a false negative, give it to your partner, they can have a break out before you, and you accuse them of giving it to you, or even cheating...

I would think that given the elusive nature of the herpes people would let it go and chalk it up to being an adult and dealing with stuff like taxes and herpes...

Any thoughts?
    Can you support the ^^^ claims? Why don't you find scientific literature and attach a link here so you can become more credible? Otherwise, you sound like a pathetic woman advocating that it's okay to have unprotected sex with you even if you have herpes. SMH.
    Last edited by dontaskme; 09-07-15 at 10:22 AM. Reason: correct misspelled word

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am thinking the reason it might be worse for a diabetic to contract genital herpes is because of their delayed wound healing, which significantly elevates their risk for other organisms to invade, ones that are much more dangerous than herpes.

I understand the desire to normalize herpes when you have it. You are correct about it being very common. However, speaking as a nurse, I have seen some of the worst-case scenarios, and believe me: I wouldn't wish it on ANYBODY, and I certainly wouldn't say that it is "no big deal". It is a painful, permanent condition which expresses itself differently in everyone who contracts it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

A friend of mine had a herpes mouth lesion which covered much of her chin. It was truly horrible - and so very sore. It took many days before she felt comfortable being seen in public.

I'm also disinclined to go with 'no big deal'.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by dontaskme View Post
    Can you support the ^^^ claims? Why don't you find scientific literature and attach a link here so you can become more credible? Otherwise, you sound like a pathetic woman advocating that it's okay to have unprotected sex with you even if you have herpes. SMH.
    As you seem not to believe me, rather than vasting my time, talk to someone in herpes crisis centre, and educate yourself.

As you sound like an ignorant person that knows absolutely nothing about herpes.

By the way, I don't sleep, or hang out with people who are poorly educated, show lack of common sense, and innate intelligence. So you are safe from my herpes for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Yep... I'll pass on the Herp... thank you very much.
    I am sure you would. Unless you already have got it, as it's estimated by, medical professionals, that up to 95 percent of Americans have one of the herpes viruses.You might be giving it to other people through sexual intercourse if it HSV2, or sharing personal or kitchen items if it HSV1.

Your smug ignorance is not protection against herpes, especially for people who have the bad fortune to have to put you with you on day to day bases.

West blot test yourself so you can claim with certainty that you are herpes free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SuperHappyTime1 View Post
    Either one (Cold Sores or Herpes) don't look or feel good.

Regarding Herpes, it's that the carrier engages in a lot of activities that could carry diseases that make herpes look like a 'skeeter bite.
    You being a judgmental, sex negative person is in now way protection against herpes.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, condoms do not protect against herpes, but they do reduce the possibility of getting HSV2

As golden standard tests for herpes are not reliable, and herpes shows no symptoms in most infected people, you or your partner might have it, not even knowing, and stopping with condoms after you marry, or become monogamous makes no sense in that respect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I am thinking the reason it might be worse for a diabetic to contract genital herpes is because of their delayed wound healing, which significantly elevates their risk for other organisms to invade, ones that are much more dangerous than herpes.

I understand the desire to normalize herpes when you have it. You are correct about it being very common. However, speaking as a nurse, I have seen some of the worst-case scenarios, and believe me: I wouldn't wish it on ANYBODY, and I certainly wouldn't say that it is "no big deal". It is a painful, permanent condition which expresses itself differently in everyone who contracts it.
    Unless you have taken western blot test you might also have it, so I am trying to educate you for your own sake. Which is proving hard, since you are not willing to hear the facts.

I suggest you ask someone who is actually educated about herpes from your profession.

Diabetics are not at any greater risk if the blood sugar is well managed. if it isn't, herpes is the least of the said diabetic worry...Diabetes itself makes much more damage to the body than herpes virus, as most infected people never get a breakout...

As a nurse you sure know little about diabetes and nothing about herpes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    A friend of mine had a herpes mouth lesion which covered much of her chin. It was truly horrible - and so very sore. It took many days before she felt comfortable being seen in public.

I'm also disinclined to go with 'no big deal'.
    You might also have herpes, that is the whole point of my post. Especially as you have a friend with oral herpes, and you have been exposed to the virus, and oral herpes is contracted through non sexual touching, kissing, and sharing kitchen items.
    Last edited by eve.ashley; 14-07-15 at 05:59 PM.

any thoughts
    Yep, I'll pass on the herp, thank you very much.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Have a great time researching herpes, my job here is done.
    I dare you to research herpes at a herpes crises centre, and show that you do not have a personality disorder that makes you incapable of escaping your own delusional thinking.
    Last edited by eve.ashley; 14-07-15 at 05:51 PM.

Interesting topic, eve.
    I think if I loved someone and they had any sexual disease, or issue I'd still be with them but obviously taking precautions.

As you seem not to believe me, rather than vasting my time, talk to someone in herpes crisis centre, and educate yourself.

As you sound like an ignorant person that knows absolutely nothing about herpes.

By the way, I don't sleep, or hang out with people who are poorly educated, show lack of common sense, and innate intelligence. So you are safe from my herpes for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sure you would. Unless you already have got it, as it's estimated by, medical professionals, that up to 95 percent of Americans have one of the herpes viruses.You might be giving it to other people through sexual intercourse if it HSV2, or sharing personal or kitchen items if it HSV1.

Your smug ignorance is not protection against herpes, especially for people who have the bad fortune to have to put you with you on day to day bases.

West blot test yourself so you can claim with certainty that you are herpes free.

- - - Updated - - -

You being a judgmental, sex negative person is in now way protection against herpes.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, condoms do not protect against herpes, but they do reduce the possibility of getting HSV2

As golden standard tests for herpes are not reliable, and herpes shows no symptoms in most infected people, you or your partner might have it, not even knowing, and stopping with condoms after you marry, or become monogamous makes no sense in that respect.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you have taken western blot test you might also have it, so I am trying to educate you for your own sake. Which is proving hard, since you are not willing to hear the facts.

I suggest you ask someone who is actually educated about herpes from your profession.

Diabetics are not at any greater risk if the blood sugar is well managed. if it isn't, herpes is the least of the said diabetic worry...Diabetes itself makes much more damage to the body than herpes virus, as most infected people never get a breakout...

As a nurse you sure know little about diabetes and nothing about herpes.

- - - Updated - - -

You might also have herpes, that is the whole point of my post. Especially as you have a friend with oral herpes, and you have been exposed to the virus, and oral herpes is contracted through non sexual touching, kissing, and sharing kitchen items.
    ^^^ It seems like you have been hanging out a lot at a herpes crisis center, haven't you? I have no interest in reading about herpes as I HAVE NO herpes like you do. Just because you have herpes doesn't make you a credible and noteworthy person to preach about how benign and insignificant herpes is. You get to downplay the disease because you have it but for us who don't carry the disease, we get to take special precautions so as not to get it so the answer to you once again is, unless you can support your statement with a scientific evidence and literature, they are worthless to me. And NO, Google search doesn't count nor internet link unless they come from reputable journals.

Don't worry, you won't be hanging out EVER with me as you don't get to have that priveledge plus I don't hang out with non classy people with herpes.

You should change your username into "herpeswoman".

- - - Updated - - -

I dare you to research herpes at a herpes crises centre, and show that you do not have a personality disorder that makes you incapable of escaping your own delusional thinking.
    What does taking precautions against herpes have anything to do with delusional or personality disorder? Those two aren't mutually exclusive. You are an irresponsible poster "herpeswoman" and you claim to be an educated person?

Why? Is that what you had to do? I almost laughed my ass off and then I remembered that you must feel that you must justify and minimize something like this since you have it so I'll be a tad more understanding as to why you NEEDED to post this thread.

Here's to smooth gennies and you having very few breakouts. Most importantly, here's to you being honest about being "with" to your sexual partners now and in the future.

I often wonder what it must be like to be as dumb as all of you, except megvoh, that posted in this thread, or some regular dumb arses that congregate here, but I cannot even begin to imagine living a life with such an imbecilic mind.

I wish you all only what you have deserved, nothing more, nor less, including as many herpes breakouts as you merited.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting topic, eve.
    I think if I loved someone and they had any sexual disease, or issue I'd still be with them but obviously taking precautions.
    The whole point is it's not exactly an SDT, it has to be classified as one, since it can be contracted that way, but HSV1, who sets up camp in people's heads, and is also know as oral herpes, is transmitted trough non sexual means.

Since it's preferred place of setting up latent camp is head it can be potentially even more dangerous than genital herpes, who, by definition, is the STD kind of herpes, but most herpes complications and breakouts, even, are rare.

That's why so many idiots like these in this thread think they don't have it.

Golden standard herpes tests can give false negatives, unless there's a breakout, and some are even unreliable when there is a clear herpes break out. (People get a negative to HSV, but the doctor is assured with they see is a herpes break out.)

So something called Western blot test is the only reliable test to know if you carry HSV1 or HSV2, but it's too new and therefore expensive to be done on general population with no apparent health problems, coz their HSV virus may well never cause them any problems...

It's done on people who did get breakouts but standard tests keep coming back negative, or if you pay for it from your own pocket.

Poly-amorous people, pay for their own sometimes, for example, wanting to know their herpes status for ethical reasons, since they often change partners, or have many partners, and standards STD testing never includes any herpes tests, so when people "get tested" that's HIV, HEP B and C, syphilis and such - never herpes.

Ignorance is the worst disease worse than cancer, and, most certainly, worse than herpes...

This forums has too many idiots even for an internet forum, so I really do not care to try and develop a discussion anymore...But that does not apply to you, you sound like a reasonable, sane person.

The whole point of herpes discussion is you can meet a new person, "get tested", as per standard STD tests practices, and you didn't get tested for herpes, and one of you, or both can still have it.

You can have it first, give it to you partner and they can have a breakout, while you never had one, and you can accuse them of cheating, or what not, and the whole time you infected them.

That was the whole point of my post, but majority people on this particular forum are notorious for being profoundly ignorant and just as profoundly arrogant.
    Last edited by eve.ashley; 15-07-15 at 07:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast