+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just not comfortable.

Just not comfortable.

Ok, so I met this girl, we really hit it off, she's a year younger than me (which is a first for me), and she apparently really likes me. Problem is, I'm not that comfortable just hanging out around her because she's the queen of hyperactivity and i'm a little mellow.

I'm always nervous around her because I'm always wondering "am I entertaining her enough? Is she bored? What should I do now? What should I say now?"

There are girls I know that I wouldn't feel like that around, mainly because they're my friends.

I was wondering, what are the right steps to take to add the aspect of comfortability into this relationship, instead of just letting it skyrocket in the other direction?
    [url=http://moeburn.homelinux.com/][/url]

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

Just be yourself. You don't have to do or say anything that makes you feel uncomfortable (Chances are she is probably attracted to you just when you are nobody else but yourself).

Talk about your hobbies or favourite music. Tell her how you think it maybe interesting to watch a movie where Jet Li fights Johnny Depp and your impression of how the fight will go (I would want to see a movie like that).

I think being mellow is a good start. Show her complete coolness in every action, every topic and every conversation.

Hope above helps, good luck!!!
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Well the thing is, she thinks i'm some sort of ******* hyper punk jock kid who is cool in every situation, whereas the reality is i'm only like that when i'm drunk. When i'm sober, i just like to chill.

So I guess i'm just nervous that I won't be what she wants me to be. Which is weird, because it should be the other way around, because i'm a freakin year older than her.

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

"Just be yourself. You don't have to do or say anything that makes you feel uncomfortable" by Mishanya

Unless you qualify for the position of a mind reader, you really won't know what she sees you as and what her expectations of you are. Don't think that your ussual self is boring or uncool (In most cases that's not true). When you are chilled and relaxed around a girl is when all of the best stuff comes out (Please don't start pretending you are something you are not, it ussually never works). ...And if she turns around and doesn't accept you for who you are, do you think it's wise to pursue this further with her?

Get that silly nervousness out of your system by acknowledging the fact that you really don't know what she sees in you and your only option is to act calm, recollected and cool.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

mmmmmmmmm i'm comfortable now....

If she's too hyperactive for you, invest in some roofies.

She's insecure about whether i think she's an annoying little kid, and i'm insecure about not being fun enough for her.

We're perfect for eachother.