+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I Want To Be OVER Him Already :(

I Want To Be OVER Him Already :(

I've posted questions about my relationship before - after a year and a half my exbf started acting strange, distant and defensive, but blamed MY petty "actions and remarks" for being "scared" to be with me. Deep down, I have a feeling he's with another woman but I have no proof.
    Three weeks ago he came over and dumped me, taking half of his stuff out of my house since he was living with me for the past year.

I'm doing everything I can to try to get over him - I've been going away on the weekends, hanging with friends, exercising and journaling...but I STILL feel like I have no closure. He just said he "can't be with me" right now..which sounds odd and he still has some of his stuff at my house. I have a feeling he's going to ignore me if I ask him to get his things and I REALLY don't want to reach out to him and get rejected.

I feel like deep down I don't know the REAL reason he left me - just a bunch of excuses – and it's plaguing my mind every day no matter what I do!! I am still so in love with him - he was my soul mate and I wanted to spend my life with him...my heart hurts. I'm nauseous all the time and feel like I have no energy.

Is there a way I can put things into perspective so I don't feel this way???

Good on you for doing what you can to move on with your life. You used the term "getting over him" but that is something that may not really come until much, much later. Moving on is probably a better way to think of it.
    I am sorry to say that there isn't a quick fix and those feelings you have, as awful as they are now, will gradually start to subside and you will be able to accept the situation for what it is. It is heartbreaking but it is part of life as well.
    It sounds as though you knew it was "over" for quite some time before it actually happened.
    As far as his "stuff" goes. Arrange a time with him (give him a choice of several different times) to pick up his gear and have a friend be there to let him in and help him collect his stuff etc so that you don't need to be part of it.
    He may not have a real reason for leaving you, other than his feelings had changed over time. He could justify his distantness by blaming you for petty actions whereas in actuality it was him looking for a way out of the relationship and blaming you in some way makes it easier for him. It's a tough situation and the nausea and listlessness is all part of it. Hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by SadLove1980 View Post
    I've posted questions about my relationship before - after a year and a half my exbf started acting strange, distant and defensive, but blamed MY petty "actions and remarks" for being "scared" to be with me. Deep down, I have a feeling he's with another woman but I have no proof.
    Three weeks ago he came over and dumped me, taking half of his stuff out of my house since he was living with me for the past year.

I'm doing everything I can to try to get over him - I've been going away on the weekends, hanging with friends, exercising and journaling...but I STILL feel like I have no closure. He just said he "can't be with me" right now..which sounds odd and he still has some of his stuff at my house. I have a feeling he's going to ignore me if I ask him to get his things and I REALLY don't want to reach out to him and get rejected.

I feel like deep down I don't know the REAL reason he left me - just a bunch of excuses – and it's plaguing my mind every day no matter what I do!! I am still so in love with him - he was my soul mate and I wanted to spend my life with him...my heart hurts. I'm nauseous all the time and feel like I have no energy.

Is there a way I can put things into perspective so I don't feel this way???
    You seem to be upset, confused and frustrated about the situation. You might need to hang on a little longer. Don't rush into action. Can i pm you?.

Thank you for your response yes, you can PM me. I'm not sure if I can respond back or if I am limited but I have so many more questions about what I should do, anything will help!

I got your pm and tried responding but i don't think I'm allowed to do that just yet as it says i must have 15 post before i can pm anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

What are the other so many questions? [MENTION=80441]SadLove1980[/MENTION]