+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: women's obsession with their bodies...

women's obsession with their bodies...

so my boyfriend and a friend of ours and i were out the other night for a couple of beers. well i went to the bathroom and this group of girls were in there and they were a size -5 maybe and all they could talk about was losing weight! i don't get it. why are girls so ****ing obsessed with being skinny?

they were probably in there throwing up.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it's society, they have told us that thinner women are better looking.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Girls are obsessed with being skinny because homosexual men run the fashion industry and have put forth as a model of femininity underweight little prepubescent girls with no curves (because they look the most like a boy), and young girls are not saavy enough to recognize it.

Men who are attracted to that sickly-thin look are probably latent homosexuals.
    Last edited by shh!; 16-09-05 at 12:07 PM.

hmm, interesting. i never thought about the homosexual fashion industry thing but it's true!

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah..I don't understand it either. I had a friend I worked with that had on Extra Small scrub pants that were falling off of her....and she was complaining how she can never find ones that fit(they are all too big).....and then in the next breath she was saying how badly she needed to lose weight.

IM seriously like WTF?
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

the answer is very simple.

girls think skinny = beautiful

what most of them don't realize is that skinny doesn't necessarily mean you are attractive. Some girls look better thin. Others look better with a little meat on them. It depends on their body type. For example, if you have large breasts you will probably look silly being very thin. Girls seem to think skinny is a one-size-fits-all.

i'm not even sure they do it for men. do men really prefer women that are really skinny. the skinnier the better? in my experiences with men, they like women who eat. my boyfriend loves that i can throw down a burger and fries lol.

why do women think skinny=beautiful though? i can see the "society tells us" argument but doesn't art imitate life to some extent?

My Opinion On This Subject: I am personally attracted to skinny girls. But I would never date them, or even consider to date them. They are simply eye candy to me. I believe this is true for most other men too.

A chick once told me that 'huge' muscular men are hot, and good to look at, but she would never really date one, they are simply eye candy to her.

I can't even picture myself next to one of those skinny girls you see modeling or on t.v ads. In some cases, the skinny women are huge turn offs - especially when you see their bone outlining. YUCK!

IMHO, most guys are not attracted to skinny girls. And those that are, are just wierd.

As for your question, as to why girls think being skinny is HOT - maybe it's to do with media, I mean, check out Paris Hilton.

Paris Hilton is kind of hot - but she's not all that, and most guys woud probably agree, I'd take salma heyek over Paris ANYDAY!

Now that I think of it, you just posed an excellent question, but to be honest, I really don't now why. It's a myth!

Skinny Girls aren't hot. In fact, they are repulsive. Because RSK says so.

skinny girls are just plain nasty , they look like they could brake their bones if you accidently bump into them . I believe a person should weight over at least 100 pds , no matter if its a model or even a guy, unless its a midget . Its just unhealthy , they remind me of actual ppl who starve to death .

But being fat is also disgusting , i just CANNOT imagine a fat person being naked or being with an overweight girl . The physical repulsion would be too strong even if she would be the nicest girl (hey , at least im honest , i cant screw fat girls) .

Misombra----Obession with being thin? I walked into a bookstore just now. Paris Hilton was on the cover of Vanity Fair, staring at me. Airbrushed maybe. She wasn't wearing a top, just riding pants and knee high boots - and not an ounce of fat on her. That's why girls are starving themselves.

Tone Guest
    I don't find Paris Hilton attractive in the slightest... I never understood what was so great about her.

I prefer my girl to have a bit of meat on her, moreso I prefer my girl to be comfortable with herself. My last ex had a really really nice body, and she would always say how she needs to eat salad's when she really wanted the steak and I'd be like "Just get what you want!" And always remind her I loved her exactly how she was, and she doesn't have to worry so much about what she eats!

There's a difference though between wanting to be healthy and obssessing over losing weight when you really don't need to.

Tone----"My last ex had a really really nice body, "

Reading your statement doesn't tell me what time of figure she had. Slim? Toned? Meaty? Athletic? Soft and round? What?
    What exactly is a nice body. Us girls aren't sure. So we follow what we see in the media.

Tone Guest
    Slim/toned. Round where it counted ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorine
    Misombra----Obession with being thin? I walked into a bookstore just now. Paris Hilton was on the cover of Vanity Fair, staring at me. Airbrushed maybe. She wasn't wearing a top, just riding pants and knee high boots - and not an ounce of fat on her. That's why girls are starving themselves.
    but Paris Hilton is NOT that hot! Maybe the media has 'tricked' the whole world into thinking she is, something like world wide hysteria! I don't know what it is - but if Paris Hilton was not rich like she is, then nobody would take notice of her.

She is 'considered' hot, because she is wild, she parties, she makes good news, she's a bimbo, and again, she makes good news.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast