+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should i give up on him contacting me?

Should i give up on him contacting me?

I gave my number to a guy 9 days ago and havent heard from him or seen him since. We work at the same place, hes married and i have a long term boyfriend that he knows about, but we have very similar backgrounds and i like talking to him so i gave him my number. He didnt ask for it i just randomly gave it to him. He said he would date me if i was single, which i thought was weird because hes married? He said "ill text you but not call you one day so you have my number just in case"

But its been 9 days and nothing...now im starting to wonder how long he meant by "one day" and what he meant by "just in case" and i dont see him either cos we work different shifts. 😳 he told me he wants me to meet his wife, but hes called me pretty, gorgeous..etc..even said he would date me if i was single so wouldnt she get jealous? Im just confused. should i expect not to hear from him by now?

You're in a relationship. He's married. What is the plan if he does contact you?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

We didnt make a plan. We were just talking about things weve gone through with our partners and he told me hes gonna tell his wife about me, and that he wants me to meet her. And i said thats cool cos he told me about something shes been through that ive been through as well so i can relate to her. But i know hes attracted to me, because hes called me pretty and what not, hes really touchy feely and told me he would date me if i was single so im just worried about her getting jealous. We just click cos we have similar backgrounds and its nice to have friends you can relate to. But its been almost 10 days and i still havent heard from him so i dunno...

Perhaps his morals have gotten in the way of calling you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

What does that mean?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lady_t346 View Post
    What does that mean?
    It means you shouldn't contact him. If you have a boyfriend and he's married, and he's flirting with you, why exactly are you waiting for him to call you?

You should be breaking this off. Quickly.

I just dont like when somebody tells you theyre gonna do something and they dont do it. Thats giving somebody false hope. I dont have his number, i didnt ask for it, i still dont know if hes gonna text me or not because he said he will "one day" and i dont know how long "one day" means to him. But 10 days feels like too long.

He said he wants me to meet his wife and i dont see a problem with that.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I just dont like when somebody tells you theyre gonna do something and they dont do it. Thats giving somebody false hope. I dont have his number, i didnt ask for it, i still dont know if hes gonna text me or not because he said he will "one day" and i dont know how long "one day" means to him. But 10 days feels like too long.

He said he wants me to meet his wife and i dont see a problem with that.
    Who cares if he texts you? This is a bad news situation. Get out of it.

I guess it just makes me feel bad cos it makes me feel like i only push people away.

I guess it just makes me feel bad cos it makes me feel like i only push people away.
    Did it hurt your pride that a married man isn't interested in you? Get over it woman! What the hell are you thinking? You're both taken. Don't start something especially when you know that it can only end badly.

I didnt say anything back when he told me he would date me if i was single. I just sorta smiled and laughed nervously like i didnt know what to say. And he hugged me and said he loved me but i didnt say it back, i just said "thats sweet" just because it felt wrong to reciprocate what he said.

But no, i feel bad cos it makes me feel like i have a hard time expressing myself verbally, which pushes people away. Now im just afraid he thinks i was out to get him/use him and thats why he hasnt contacted me...like im just bad with people, ugh

Seriously, WTF are you expecting? You are in a relationship, he's married. There's nothing to feel bad about this. It's not about you or him, it's all about your partners. At least, he was sane enough to realized that what he did and say to you was wrong, what about you? Do you even think of the consequences if and when you start something with this guy, whether it's platonic or not? Don't be naive. Be grateful he didn't text you.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didnt say anything back when he told me he would date me if i was single. I just sorta smiled and laughed nervously like i didnt know what to say. And he hugged me and said he loved me but i didnt say it back, i just said "thats sweet" just because it felt wrong to reciprocate what he said.

But no, i feel bad cos it makes me feel like i have a hard time expressing myself verbally, which pushes people away. Now im just afraid he thinks i was out to get him/use him and thats why he hasnt contacted me...like im just bad with people, ugh
    And what about your boyfriend in all of this?

Don't give up just yet. He'll

i still dont know if hes gonna text me or not because he said he will "one day" and i dont know how long "one day" means to him. But 10 days feels like too long.
    bahahahahahaha you make me lol

Does your boyfriend want to meet him and his wife?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast