+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He likes me or not?? Very confusing!! :-(

He likes me or not?? Very confusing!! :-(

I have this colleague whose elder than me by 4 years (mid 30’s) that i’ve been working with for the past 2 years. He’s in management position while im in mid management. He’s of a different race than me also. Initially, we didn’t have a smooth relationship due to some work issues but recently we’ve been getting along quite well such as previously he was very pestering but now he’s gives me the space i need.

Noticed he also does the below:
    i) Sings love songs in front of me suddenly (like love phrases), stops & then stares at me?

ii) Looks at me often, stands close to me quite a lot & talks/pays attention to me mostly whenever talking eventhough we are out in a big group.

iii) The other day when only both of us were out for lunch for the first time, he goes far to answer call twice. Once back, he just stares at me again while I was just pretending to be playing with my phone. He NEVER did this before when we’re out with other colleagues. He’s also very quiet during the ride & only starts to speak when i did.

iv) Keeps advising me to balance out my life; not only work all the time because I tend to stay back a lot, work on weekends. Felt like he cares for me??

v) The other day was my birthday. So, we went in bunch for lunch. So while other colleagues was singing & making fun of me as it’s my birthday he just kept very still & then suddenly starts singing “happy Birthday” to me? Seems like he was thinking something? Im not sure though. I have another guy friend who just keeps on making fun & basically being the life of the party that day. So, this guy; my crush, i felt was trying hard to impress me by making jokes, laughing, teasing me again-again on my birthday. I felt like he wants to wish me but then feels shy? or he feels down because the other guy friend was grabbing my attention a lot & this guy my crush was feeling lost don’t know how to pull my attention?

vi) One time, we went out for lunch & i had to sit at the back seat with him next to me & another friend the other side (i was in the middle). Even-though he had scrunch his body to not be very close to me but we did because the car was moving really fast but i get the vibe that he doesn’t feel comfortable in touching me? or was he just shy? Maybe because my other friend was there? Because previously when we were in the similar situation, but only 2 of us at the back, he seems to be pretty comfortable.

vi)If I didn’t talk/acknowledge him due to being busy,noticed he does the same way back.Like the other day I was & he practically looked the other way when he drove past me.

About him:
    He’s basically a polite, humble, dedicated guy but, I really don’t know anything more about him especially his personal life.In fact none of us at work knows about him.However, I got to know from his subordinates that he’s still single.Atleast that’s what they think because of his workaholic nature.

So, thinking about all this, makes me wonder he likes me but afraid to say it? waiting the time to say it? just being a good friend? or just having the brotherly instinct? or playing it safe in view of having a good work-rapport?

Simply said: I like him a lot & i feel he likes me too because im getting that vibe for a long time, but i feel like he’s just holding back due to something which i don’t know. Maybe he feels I’m not the one/shy/he’s not comfortable with me being a colleague or of different race?

He’s really making it very confusing for me. I don;t want to spoil my reputation at work nor my friendship with him but then again i wish he would be clear enough so i don’t have to waste my time getting into the wrong idea.

What should i do?
    Please can someone give me some advice. Male’s view are also welcomed

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Seems like he likes you, but is too shy or is too worried about work repercussions to do something about it.