+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "Misses my conversation"?

"Misses my conversation"?

A girl I had not been in touch win texts me how how my summer is going, I reply Great, and she the texts me a brief updated and ends with "Let's catchup soon as I miss your conversations"

Context: there was a coworker whom I got to know well as we drove together a lot on biz trips. I was really fond of her but never did anything as it was a small office. She left their firm and the last day I expressed I'd like to see her socially, and she was positive, and may have perceived I liked her. We texted a bit in brief messages, not text conversations, for about a month and a half, and then I had an excuse/ meeting near where she worked to meet her for lunch. We had a a good lunch and towards the end I expressed I'd like to see her socially in the next several weekends. the following Saturday I texted her about planning to meetup in the next several weeks and she didn't respond for about a week. When she's responded she apologized and said she had been really busy that weekend helping family member move and only just catching up with things, but didn't respond to my query about meeting up. I figured it was an indirect way of saying no thanks. I texted her back but didn't try to plan another meetup, and haven't been in touch with her for 2 months- I decided to play it cool. Couple weeks ago I catch her viewing my social media page and I view her back 6 six days later. Yesterday she texts me how my summer is going, I send a brief reply with a pic of a an event(not me)and she sends a reply commenting on the pic and saying she's been having a good summer busy w family and things, and ends with saying "We should get together soon because I miss your conversations" Does this mean she might like me?

"We should get together soon because I miss your conversations" Does this mean she might like me?

Nope! It means exactly what she texted.

So go ahead and text her then take it from there.

After exchanging another text kidding about work, and getting a 2 paragraph detailed reply after a day or so, I suggested we "catch up" over drinks the following this coming Thursday - no reply yet. Figure she's not going to reply. I just don't understand, why she contacts me after a month and a half, suggests she wants to get together soon, and then not respond? I guess she was feeling lonely that weekend she texted me and doesn't yet have a boyfriend to comfort her so . . . . Not sure if Thursday drinks was too aggressive. . . though she could suggest an alternative, possibly less charged day/time? Anyway, I think it's best to just write her off as this delay/ non-reply probably shows she probably doesn't have have much interest - yes?