+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girls ... I need some advice on my girlfriend.. She tends to imagine other guys?

Girls ... I need some advice on my girlfriend.. She tends to imagine other guys?

Hi all

So me and my girlfriend were speaking yesterday and she told me that she imagines other guys. I told her to explain more.

She said there are times where she imagines herself going out to somewhere like shopping or university .. she imagines herself looking really good .. all dressed up and looking really decent ... nice make up etc. None of the slutty stuff like, cleavage, etc. She dresses really nice like long dresses... nice make up.

Alright good, she then told the imagines guys looking at her while shes all dressed up etc. Sometimes guys she think of are guys that always look at her, sometimes she said its random guys. What she is imagining is other guys looking at her cause she is all dressed up looking beautiful. She said it makes her feel good just thinking about herself all dressed up and getting attention of other guys.

Is this normal?

My girlfriend is a really REALLY insecure person and very self conscious, she doesn't have the greatest confidence in herself. Is this normal for a girl to do?

She said she feels bad about it so I assume this is wrong? BUT is this a thing girls just do?

Update: By the way, she just imagines them looking her as she walks past etc. I guess she likes turning eyes

Normal. You say she's insecure- this is her way of fantasizing that other men are thinking she's attractive. It's a validation fantasy. Nothing to worry about.

So i shouldn't feel worried about her imagining other guys giving her attention?

Quote Originally Posted by jaxteller827 View Post
    So i shouldn't feel worried about her imagining other guys giving her attention?
    ... and you call HER "insecure."

No, you shouldn't worry about her fantasies because that's all they are... f.a.n.t.a.s.y
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Lol yes this is very normal. I don't think I'd tell my boyfriend though, awkward conversation!

That's completely normal :-) I like it when guys are looking at me, and that doesn't mean I'd like to make out with them or that I don't love my bf - we girls just like to feel attractive.

Most people enjoy feeling/looking attractive to others.
    Be happy with her level of honesty and give the girl more compliments.