+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm Hurting...How Could He Not Be???

I'm Hurting...How Could He Not Be???

Okay, my ex dumped me a month ago.
    We were together a year and a half - woke up to each other EVERY DAY and lived together.
    Things were weird a month or two before he broke up with me, but he ended things based on arguments he turned around on me to make look like my fault.

I've been so lonely waking up by myself, spending weekends without him and not messaging him during the course of the day still feels strange. It's like we were married!

I feel like the whole time I was with him was a lie and meant nothing to him if he could easily drop everything and leave me. He kept saying he needed more time with his friends and felt I was to "rigid" which wasn't how things were at all. I really felt like something happened that he's hiding that changed him.

How could he just throw everything away?? I took off days of work for his family, spent holidays with his family and we built a life together. It wasn't like things were bad and we didn't date on and off at any point in our relationship...

Am I the only one hurting?? Is any man that cold and emotionless that they have a better time without the person they planned on marrying and having children with and did EVERYTHING with all the time??
    I'm having trouble understanding how he could forfeit an entire year and a half of an amazing relationship for a couple weeks of petty arguing about Facebook and his friends.
    Am I missing something?

My gut says that you are missing something, as you suspect.

It sounds like he made the decision to move on while he was still in the relationship. He had time to think on it, come to terms with it, and mourn the relationship before it was even officially over. This is why you broke up over petty little things- because it WASN'T over petty little things. His heart was already over it by the time he pulled the plug. This is why it has seemed so easy for him to move on.

It will always feel horrible for both people - the one that leaves the relationship and the one that gets left behind, though being left behind is the worst of the two.

Nobody leaves someone because of petty reasons, you just have to think it over from A to Z, what was it that made him make this decision and avoid making the same mistakes in the future (It will bring back memories).

I remember I left my ex because of a variety of reasons, I knew she loved me, I knew that I was the guy she wanted to make a family with, but alas. There were many things I had to withold from doing or saying because of the way she was as a person. As time passed, the more I felt I was being limited by her, so I had to make the choice.

You know the saying"love is blind" - It seems that maybe you did miss some of the tell tale signs that the relationship was not going as well as you thought it was.