+ Follow This Topic

Thread: One month before I fly to see him, he wants me to postpone the trip...

One month before I fly to see him, he wants me to postpone the trip...

So here’s the story.
    I’ve been in a long-distance relationship with this guy for over five years now. We live on the opposite side of the globe and we can only see each other once a year. The last time I saw him was last August. We’ve been talking about seeing each other for a long time now and finally I can make time fly to see him this summer. We even talked about booking flights last Monday, but when I asked him where to meet last Friday, he asked me to postpone the trip because he is looking for a new job and trying to relocate. He thinks it’s better that we wait till he settles down in the west coast. Of course I was upset because I couldn’t understand why the sudden change of attitude. He then said I was being selfish and melodramatic. Now he has not talked to me for 5 days now and I feel completely shut out. I don’t know what is going on. I am tormented….

His reaction is pretty extreme. That is a huge trip to embark on and I would be disappointed too.

All that aside, I'm a big believer that a long distance relationship should only remain long distance for as short of a time as possible. There needs to be a plan in place for one or both of you to move closer together.... This is my own opinion

A relationship with that much distance between... you are missing out on so much... maybe this is your opportunity to find someone closer to you that you can truly enjoy

Perhaps he's working out what to do with a girl he's seeing in real life. Sure, I could be wrong....but five years with his needs for physical touch only being met once a year?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.