+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do I have a chance?

Do I have a chance?

I'm a new student, 10th grade in a new school completely far away from my old one.

I met this guy, he isn't really handsome or anything but he's funny and nice and so I thought, hey why not have a crush on him?

We talk in class and all that but only some other times. I was added in a group chat where he's also in and we chat there too, I chatted him (PM) because of a project we had to work on and our topic went to many things but yeah, it was mostly me just teasing him and all that, we dont know each other that much yet since I've only been here for a month.

I'm scared that he might discover I like him and reject me that would be awkward.

So I was wondering, is there a chance that he'll like me? The problem is that some guys are just friendly and most girls misunderstand them, thinking they like them or smthng.

What should I do to not make it that obvious but somehow make us closer?

- - - Updated - - -

Update: he (along with a few other members) went to my house for a group project and well, after he got home, he was chatting with his ex on the groupchat, they're good friends now and he posted a picture of a member who just left my house. It was sort of like this:

Him: *posted picture*
    Me: lol she's still here and saw it
    Him: hahahah
    Me: she's mad
    Him: i was jk lol she's not mad haha
    Me: no rly, she is
    Him: what did she say
    Me: she said u werent even handsome
    Him: i never said i was lol
    Me: jk, she went home already

Then his ex chatted

Her: lol AWKWARD
    Him: yeah hahahaha

I didn't get why it was awkward but left it like that. Then I posted a screenshot of a weird guy chatting me then he sent heart emojis and I said 'ew hahaha' then he didn't reply, nor seen me. Only the ex seen me which is also my friend then she posted a picture of a quote that said 'if you're gonna love someone make sure he loves you too' then I chatted 'lol what if u like him already but he doesn't?' My crush only seened me. Normally he'd answer like 'lol' or post pictures but he only seened me then she continued posting another one that said, 'stop waiting for a guy who won't like you back' and i feel like im over reacting but it's like they're subtly telling me to back off because he doesn't like me that way.

A lot of my classmates are noticing that i have a crush on him and well earlier, he played with nail polish with another guy and had it all over his hand so i helped him clean it off, maybe he noticed that i like him and told his ex which is now a really close friend?

LOL THIS IS ME SUPER DUPER OVER REACTING

My daughter is your age and onto her 4th crush. She approached crush number one - he freaked and rejected her. Very awkward. She approached crush number two and after getting to know each other, they dated for a year. Crush number three was set up by friends and she's currently working crush number four.

The takeaway? Sometimes approaching a crush works out awkward. Sometimes it ends in a relationship. It's all trial and error with no guarantees.

If you don't want to approach him, see if any mutual friends will gauge his interest for you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

If everyone knows you are crushing on him, so does he. If he likes you he will make the effort to pursue you. Sit back an see. If nothing happens, he isn't into you.

I guess? :/

Do what most people do, get their friends to tell there crush that you want them to ask you out or you really like him.....pretty simple.