+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I love an older man; am I crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by alice1997 View Post

Haven't other girls ever wanted to snuggle up with a distinguished older man...
    Not when the man is old enough to be your father or grandfather, that's just gross! And I don't give a shit about how distinguished they are, still disgusting in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by dontaskme View Post
    Not when the man is old enough to be your father or grandfather, that's just gross! And I don't give a shit about how distinguished they are, still disgusting in my opinion.
    I dunno. I could have cuddled up with Sean Connery
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

my bf was 19 when we met and he has never once hurt me or let me down in any way. your opinion on young men is warped. they are not all bad! soke are amazing.. the guy is 50 which means he likely has a LOT of baggage due to life experience and coukd be emotionally burnt out from a failed marriage etc.. you probably have a healthier chance of success with someone your own age who the world has not chewed up and spit out yet.. no offence to any age group but age can come with a ton of baggage for some people

Quote Originally Posted by starbar View Post
    my bf was 19 when we met and he has never once hurt me or let me down in any way. your opinion on young men is warped. they are not all bad! soke are amazing.. the guy is 50 which means he likely has a LOT of baggage due to life experience and coukd be emotionally burnt out from a failed marriage etc.. you probably have a healthier chance of success with someone your own age who the world has not chewed up and spit out yet.. no offence to any age group but age can come with a ton of baggage for some people
    Not to mention how set in their ways people can get as they age. (and yes, that includes me)

When I met my guy, I was 24 and he was 31. He's never let me down in over 20 years.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by alice1997 View Post
    What I don't understand is why all sorts of relationships are condoned - gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, etc because everyone has to "be yourself". 50 Shades has now made BDSM mainstream.

But older man/young girl is just wrong and everyone has the right to tell you that. What if I tell gay people that they're "just wrong", is that OK? And I am 18 August first.

As far as abuse goes, please. I have heard and read so much about same age relationships ending in beatings, drugging, rape, unwanted pregnancies, STDs, false promises, lies and false hopes etc. Can it get any worse?

Look at Bristol Palin, now pregnant for the second time from some jerk. How are those socially acceptable same age relationships going for her and the five kids she'll end up having from five different daddies?

Seeing how often the older man/younger girl thing comes up in fiction, I wonder if most woman haven't secretly had these feelings but maybe just didn't act on them. They have to live it out in fiction. Or maybe I just notice those stories more because that's how I feel??
    Why don't you just get your skinny ass off the computer and go seduce his wrinkly ass instead of wasting your time arguing with any poster that doesn't see it your way?

Let us know if he takes you on or not.... Give us all something more interesting to talk about rather then your justification.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I'm in my mid 30s and have dated someone 55 - even at MY age, I was NOT compatible with someone this much older. When you want children and a life with that person, you'll really realize age is not just a number.
    Let's say this 55 year old man gets you pregnant...Ok...when your child is a teenager, this man will be in his late 60s and 70s and who knows if he will help you raise the child the way you want?? Also, I'm sure a man in his 50s at this point grew up in a different world than you did and when you become serious with someone so much older, their older values will show and possibly come between you.
    You have to get past the attraction, distinguishing older man- view and get to the foundation of what your future will be someone this much older than you. Even a man in his 30s has more to offer you than this.
    I also think this man might see himself as a father figure to you (let's face it, he could be) and how do you know in the future he will not be condescending because he's "so much more experienced" than you are.
    You're in the "love" stage and excited at the newness of this older man, but the thrill will fizzle over the months when you see what it's like to live with him in his world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12