+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever stalk an ex's FB / IG account?

It's a check in is all, being online at all isn't emotionally healthy really for lots of people but that doesn't stop them, lol.

If someone is checking all day 24/7 then yes but the occasionally look and see. This is why FB and IG should be made private to begin with, I think.
    But it isn't so it opens up that wormhole.
    *inches closer*

...but but they're doing it!!! lol Watchya "inchin' about?"

Came this([]) close to asking what an "IG" is, but I worked it out in my feeble lizard brain. IG = InstaGram?

I'd an ex(we shacked up for a couple years) that used to take multiple photos of elaborate meals we'd prepared together...and I'm being generous here, she was not the head chef by a longshot(she liked chopping the salad), though she was/is an excellent food stylist and had/has a genuine knack for attractive plating. Anyway she'd post them up to FB through InstaGram and I never used either so I'd no idea what kind of response "our" concoctions were getting. So one day we're double dating with her BFF and and two other couples and they start hounding her for details on the dishes she'd been posting almost daily for months, dishes I sometimes prepared before she even got home. I just looked at her sideways and basked in her discomfort while all these questions she couldn't answer came in. Turns out she never once bothered to mention that her role in any of these dishes was anything other than a solo act. Kind of a lie by omission type of thing. It seemed very important for her to be perceived as a culinary force in the universe.
    Pain is what the world does to you, suffering is what you do to yourself. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

LOL inch worms inch, I said wormhole. LOL that was my inchin

I'm not a creepy crazed stalker( yet, lol ), the only ex I semi don't like doesn't really have any accounts to snoop, I just look at the wasters ones occasionally mostly for jokes and laughs.

LOL on your ex's passing off your cooking skills as her own, that's awful actually considering she was only a small participant in its work and appeal.

Oh, my apologies then! Obviously this is perfectly healthy behavior in your case. whew. Just keep pulling your hair out and stalking your exes lady. lol

I really didn't care about the plagiarism, but it struck me later that she'd been asking me questions about dishes post preparation for months. What she was doing is answering questions by FB posters and citing my responses...it was a bit creepy for me when I realized it wasn't improvement of her own skills that motivated her, but rather the praise/admiration of her peers.
    Pain is what the world does to you, suffering is what you do to yourself. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by solarion View Post
    I really didn't care about the plagiarism, but it struck me later that she'd been asking me questions about dishes post preparation for months. What she was doing is answering questions by FB posters and citing my responses...it was a bit creepy for me when I realized it wasn't improvement of her own skills that motivated her, but rather the praise/admiration of her peers.
    She could have probably received just as much praise and admiration from her peers from her man being a good chef! At least in my previous experiences, it's something women brag about to one another, "Oh wow, my man made this dish that was so fabulous!"
    I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways, Maybe it's all part of a plan, Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes, Hoping that you'll understand--Ed Sheeran

Lol at solarion. I had just pulled previous to going online too

You should post your food pics in the what are you cooking/eating thread I saw pictures posted in it previously. Or post up some of your special recipes.

"pulled" lol I don't know what's more frightening. That you have a singe word name for your masochistic fetish or that I knew exactly what you meant based on that single word.

I can't post sh1t yet. I'm a newb. I don't tend to take many pics either, I tend to just make the food...and eat the food, but I'll keep it in mind. I wonder if it'd give me "flashbacks" to a darker time.

It got so bad back in the day with my ex spending 30+mins plating, conducting a photo shoot, and posting(which seemingly had to be done immediately), that I eventually stopped waiting for her to enjoy our "romantic" dinners together and just started eating while it was still luke warm. lol Then to get the point across I began taking pictures of her while she was taking pictures of the rapidly chilling food. It was too subtle a message and had no real effect save to make her laugh. Meh. Exes are exes for a reason.

Giving this an ego bump.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12