+ Follow This Topic

Thread: will he propose soon?

will he propose soon?

bf and i are in our late 20's. Together going on 7 years. We both talk about marriage and kids. He said last year he perfers to be engaged once we get our own place, doesn't want to be living at home. (we sharing a townhouse with family for last 3 1/2 years). Saving for our down payment on a house hoping next year (2016) we can start looking at houses in spring/summer.

i did tell him few months ago i would like to get engaged next year latest and married by early 2018, ill be 28 then try for a baby end of 2018/2019.

Yesterday we were talking about all our friends engaged extremely early(5 months into relationship) he says "yeah why are people dumb, they could have waited until like us 7 years"...im like "yeah but when think about it you still learn alot about one another even if your 40 years together, if its the right time its right i guess". He says "yeah".

You think that was a sign he is planning on proposing soon?
    I don't want to ask him it needs to be a surprise lol

Ps: This past May 2015 he was drunk and told our friends he is a bad boyfriend since he don't have me a ring yet and going on 7 years. I told him to stop im not rushing it, propose when he is ready. He said i know im just saying. My cousin saids sounds like its on his mind.

Forevermine, I can't see any hint of a proposal in there.

Your first post on this subject was two years ago. You've been experiencing frustration about his lack of proposal for quite some time now. I suggest that it's time you dump any pretences of wanting a surprise and talk about this like grown ups. None of this "I'll do it when I'm ready" stuff from him! This is your life and your fertility we're talking about here. You should absolutely have a say and the timing and planning of your life.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

You wrote this in your previous post >>Yes i know we should be able to talk about this stuff, but why is it that everyone i know think i should just not? because it will push him away...um yeah ..shouldn't i be in on our future together? lol<<

Firstly, this isn't a LOL situation. It's serious and the idea of you being in on your own future is not a matter to treat lightly.

I don't know who "everyone" who tells you not to talk about this is, but they are idiots. There are only 2 reasons this would scare him away: 1. if he's a neanderthal who believes that men get to drive a relationship and that the woman deserves no say. 2. he has no intention of ever marrying you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

You have every right to talk about this with him. Surely you want to have a relationship where you can talk about things together, come to mutual decisions and respect one another. It sounds as though you are leaving it completely up to him and you could be waiting a long long time. If it's not working for you do something about it.

7 years is a long time to wait for a proposal, he should know he loves you enough after two years, imo.

You should absolutely discuss this with him. The thing is, women only have so long of a window for conception. There are more and more studies being done that are suggesting that after age 34, your fertility rates drop dramatically. At 28 or 29, my doctor discussed this with me when I refilled my BC pills. She just gave me some numbers and statistics and let me know that if having kids is a priority, then the next few years should be the time to start. I was really scared and anxious and almost wished she hadn't said the things she did. Then I realized that women NEED to be aware that we only have so long to easily conceive a healthy baby. After that, it can take years and lots of struggle. And who wants to do that?

If your in your late twenties, this should be something that you should be putting some thought into. Sitting back and waiting for him to pop the question hasn't worked for 7 years, so you need to do something different. Talk to him. Let him know that you have invested seven years together, and you need to know or have some sort of timeline about the future. This is a critical part of your life, and if he bolts because this talk is too "pushy" for him after seven years of being together, let him leave. You want marriage, a family, and babies. Take control of your future and stop letting him call all the shots.

PS, having a proposal be a "Surprise" is not a big deal. At all. My partner and I pretty much planned together to get engaged and even picked out my ring together. When he proposed, it was beautiful and one of the happiest moments of my life. It did not take away from the experience one little bit that it wasn't a complete surprise

Try to talk to him straightly!

Yes, talk to him. Find out how ready he is and express your own readiness. And although finding out exactly how he feels about you two getting married in future is not a hundred percent possible, it is possible to try to get him to propose to you a bit sooner, if he really intends to do that. If you want him to have that little push, I recently wrote an article here on how to get him to propose to you: [url=http://www.getandkeephim.net/how-to-get-your-boyfriend-to-propose/]How to Get Your Boyfriend to Propose in 7 Steps - Get and Keep Him[/url]
    >>http://www.getandkeephim.net<<

You two are saving money for a house and there isn't even a ring yet? come on! He might be trying to buy time. He might still be unsure and doesn't want to "lock" himself in because the news would be shared with everyone and he would spending money on a ring. Tell him its perfectly reasonable for you to expect a ring by now if he plan for you two to get married considering it has been 7 years and are already saving money for a house.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions