+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help witht my long distance relationship

Help witht my long distance relationship

Hi, I met my girlfriend 7 months ago. We were in a relationship for about 3 and a half months before I had to leave for a job on the other side of the world. Since we started our long distance relationship we have grown incredibly close and fallen deeper in love with each other. Unfortunately with the heightened love we are also becoming more attached to each other, something that the time difference (13 hours) and the distance makes very difficult. Lately my girlfriend has been having breakdowns and what she says are "attachment issues". She wants me back and I want to be back, but I don't feel like I can quit my job at this point (there are still 7 months to go). Please help, any advice or suggestions are welcome.

I think it depends on what is happening with this job. Is this a great opportunity? Will you take a hard hit if you leave early? The way I see it, there is a plan in place for you to return home at the end of this 7 months and be with her. It might feel like a long time, but it's really not.

If I really loved a guy and he was coming back for me in seven months after an amazing job in an exotic place, I would bide my time until he was home.

Send her flowers, let her know you are still devoted to her and counting the weeks until you are back, and wait it out. If you have a responsibility to your workplace (sounds like you do) then the next few months shouldn't be a deal breaker.