+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: all men cheat according to my b/f!

all men cheat according to my b/f!

so... i'm dating this guy that is a latino and he is also an officer in the marines. he is currently deployed, and i was talking to him today and he was telling me that 100% of men will cheat while they are away - in fact he has cheated on a previous girlfriend... he says he knows it isn't right, but men just can't help themselves and they will eventually give in. he seems to think that i should accept that. i told him that is not acceptable, and i don't think that all men cheat...even if they are deployed for a long time. my guy had the nerve to go on to say that if a man cheats it's the woman's fault because she isn't taking care of her man the way she should be. he tells me i'm narrow minded, hard headed, and self centered because i refuse to accept a man cheating on me as acceptable behaviour.

i am now questioning whether i even want to go forward with this relationship...i don't want to judge someone for their past, because everyone makes mistakes - but if he cheated once, says all his friends do it, and he doesn't really think it's wrong - then he will do it again.

the thing that galls me even further is that he says that if i cheated on him he would never forgive me, but would expect me to forgive him for his moment of weakness.

i'm really in a bad place right now - i guesss my gut is telling me to break it off because i wouldn't be able to trust him, but my heart tells me i could change him. it's very frustrating and it makes me so sad to hear him talk like he was. i appreciate his honesty, but feel like i could never trust him. in my mind there is never any excuse for cheating.

i know there is no guarentee that a man would never cheat on me, but i at least want to marry one that i feel pretty certain would nevevr do that to me. i dont know if i want to continue to be involved with a man that i already think would cheat on me.

He has stated his postition on the matter, and you aren't going to change him. If you don't want to be bit by a snake, then it isn't smart to play with them. I think you should find someone whose values are a better match with yours. Don't be a sucker.

Your man is full of shit. Not all men cheat. He just wants you to think this way so you will forgive him when he does. Sounds like a manipulator to me. Get yourself tested.

I would never, ever, cheat on my lady........

your man is funny. I can't blame him for trying.

All guys cheat! That's bullshit. Case in point, me. Although I thought about it and was sure it would have been sweet, I never cheated on my ex. Something about the fact that I have a conscience and knew it wasn't worth hurting her. But not all guys cheat, I'd actually say that most don't, but I could be wrong.

well.. it's safe to say that your guy has felt the effects of war.. too much...

not all men cheat... and in fact... if they do.. it's really an UNEXPECTED moment of weakness... that is still WEAKNESS... and which to there is no excuse for...

if he cannot accept that cheating is wrong... but rather he tried to validate it with his pathetic logic... you really SHOULD be questioning if he's right for you...

tell him that it's ok for women to cheat to.. while their man is deployed... let's see what he thinks about that...

and if he says it's not the same.. then tell him.. it's because her man isn't doing it for her... so she needs someone of a higher rank...

point is to piss him off.. really get under his skin on this one... if he gets it... and u break his whole b.s. logic.. then good... if HE'S the one being closed minded and hard headed... and doesn't want to change his WRONG views on the issue.. then he must be terminated... lol.. so to speak... lol

If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

dump him.

_________

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Your bf has convinced himself that all guys cheat so he can justify doing it in the future - and he will - whether he's being 'taken care of' by you or not.

Save yourself the heartbreak.....get rid of him asap.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

LOL

"my guy had the nerve to go on to say that if a man cheats it's the woman's fault because she isn't taking care of her man the way she should be. he tells me i'm narrow minded, hard headed, and self centered because i refuse to accept a man cheating on me as acceptable behaviour."

And

"he says that if i cheated on him he would never forgive me, but would expect me to forgive him for his moment of weakness."

I can tell you one thing about your guy, he would definetelly get along with me ex (Who is a girl). Such similar world views, such similar excuses.

Your guy is head over heals here, he has broken the main rule in the relationship history, which is never get a girl angry or upset when you are too far away to do anything. Now you have all the power you need to make as big decisions as break up on the spot with no further explanation. You are right for calling his bluff. I think your next step is to give a serious ultimatum for his consideration that if certain views that play around with your trust do not change there maybe some serious walking.

Anyway, hope above helps. What a funny, funny man!
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Either decide that you're okay with him cheating...only I don't even know if I woudl call it that.....since he basically told you that he intends to cheat, it becomes more like being permissive of a one-sided "open" relationship. Either decide if that is something you can handle, or not. I'm guessing the answer is no. Then get rid of him.

Why would you date a latino guy when you could date an Asian guy?

cause latinos have the spice that you asians only wish you had.

i would tell him the same.... that all women cheat

see what he has to say about that!

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    cause latinos have the spice that you asians only wish you had.
    nice burn . represent .

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast