+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I want my EX back. Help! Advice?!?

I want my EX back. Help! Advice?!?

Back story to my current issue: my ex and I met each other in HS. We were friends throughout and then fast forward to a few years after high school 2011/2012 we would always text every day and I would always ask him for guy advice on relationships or complain. On the eve of my 26 birthday he came to my rescue when my boyfriend broke up with me. He came out with me and my friends first time he came out with me and we hooked up that night. We became "friends with benefits" but it was more I feel like. He would always come over and hang with me and my daughter during the day and on weekends forego guy nights and be with us. Well he ended Up moving in with me and my roommate and daughter a few months after due to a situation at home. And of course I started to fall for him. Fast forward he made U.S. official Valentine's Day last year. Things were great. Then for some time I began to struggle with my feelings I told him he needed to move out because what we were doing was backwards. I thought that would hurt us in the long run. Long story short I ended up breaking up with him on the phone (I know beyond terrible) this January. Valentine's Day would have been a year. I know to some may not seem like anything but we talked marriage some day and kids of our own. And I let my best friend go. Weeks later I was distracted with a guy friend from work and then dropped that after a month. And it really began to hit me. My raw emotions and how I was just lost. I thought what have I done. Months later I wrote a typed up letter to my ex telling him I was very sorry and I know I broke his heart and I just felt awful and I said he deserves the best. I never said I wanted him back. He responds via text two days later "I don't hate you I forgive you. Maybe one day we can talk but just as I respected your decision for us not to be together please respect mine for us not to talk now just easier to move on that way. " well I texted him a couple times maybe a few weeks after tjay trying to get him to meet up with me anything but he totally ignored me and I wrote a few more times. Now, I know not to spam with messages. Well fast forward to almost a week ago now. I messaged him one last Time because I just felt it in my heart to I can't get him off my mind he's all I think about. I basically told him I miss him and that I still have love for him in my heart. I said how I always want to rush to my phone to tell him things but I stop myself because he won't answer. I sent him that text Thursday morning. Knowing he's not gunna reply. Well around 745 he responded. I didn't see until 910 because I was in bible study. I about freaked. (Oh rewind: months ago I ran into him at the local grocery atore but he absolutely ignored me, I know still oh so very hurt I crushed his heart he loved my daughter and I like no other). Anyways he said "what exactly am I supposed to say?" . I responded with basically saying "you don't have to say anything. Just please allow me to meet with you. You hear me out. Don't even have to say a word. And then I will leave you alone forever if that's what you want. " that's basically what I said. Now he hasn't responded. I told my sister about it she suggested waiting a week (tomorrow) will be a week and then say something one more time and that be it . I was hoping he would reply before then. But I feel as if him saying SOMETHING even tho it's not exactly what I wanted to hear, I feel as if I'm maybe breaking the ice somewhere with him just a tad?? I mean he kept quiet wth me for MONTHS. I feel he's still hurt? I would love a guys perspective. Please be nice. Be honest. All that I ask. What do I do? And what does his text mean?? In general he's maybe breaking slowly but surely ?

Leave him alone and let him come to you now. You've pestered him enough with your needs now let him process what his needs are.

You best make sure that he is who you want should he decide to give you another chance. If you flake on him again, Karma will surely reap vengeance on you somehow.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

It sounds like he is still hurt and distrustful of you. I don't quite understand why you broke up with him in the first place, and I wouldn't doubt if he feels the same. It's a big blow to live with someone, love them, and then suddenly get thrown out. The safety and security of the relationship is gone.

I think you've done your part in letting him know where you stand, and he is letting you know by NOT responding where he stands as well. If he really wanted to reconcile, I would think that it would not take him 1 week + to text you back.

Rainbow, he's only asked one thing of you since you ended things: To respect his need for no contact with you. And you couldn't do this one thing for him.

If you can't respect the only thing he's asked since the breakup, why would he return to you?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Recently i faced this problem..

Really?? And what happened?? I think I'm deciding to slowly slowly let go of the idea. As in for now at least. If we are meant to be somehow God will make it happen later down the road. If he wanted to contact me he would we live .5 miles within each other too. Totally sucks. It's a pain in my chest I gotta live with. It's killing me but what's done is done. He can't act like an adult and be civil or say I? I don't get it, not totally ignore me. I assume he's still hurt. :/

He can't act like an adult? The same can be said to you. Respect him and leave him alone for now. When he's ready to talk he will.

Hello can you try and contact prophetrodricristi on this your situation,i hope he can help you as he helped me and lot of my friends on a situation like this contact him on (prophetrodricristi@gmail.com)

There's nothing wrong with his behaviour - he's simply enforcing his own boundaries. He's not the childish one here.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.