+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's your celebrity crush?

^ She's lovely and a good actress.

Still crushing on this guy:

Name:  deadpool-caturday-header-168596.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  77.8 KB

Loving animals is a big plug in my book. LOL!

Hahaha and with kittens... It's a win win!

Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Oh yeah! I think I forgot her on my list, and she's definitely a big one for me too. I have way too many celebrity crushes. LOL!

The hottest girl ever is angelina jolie

Hi,gr8love. Jolie is gorgeous.

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

As if my list isn't already huge enough, I'm tempted to add a new one:

Name:  e417a0ec8af086cdd7ab55f24e2ea86f.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  96.0 KB

After seeing the movie, I'm kind of crushing on her now too. LOL!

Is she one of the SNL actresses?

I think so, yes. I stopped watching SNL YEARS ago, so I haven't seen it with her. I believe, though, that both her and Leslie Jones were recent SNL cast members. Kristen Wigg was also on SNL back during the tale end of while I still watched.

She looks hip, laid back and cool in that pic, was that how she played her character? I wanna see this movie soon too!

So, was going with a friend to see the special one day showing of "Batman: The Killing Joke." It is a new animated movie coming to Bluray/DVD soon for which they did a special one day showing. The first showing was sold out when we got there, so we decided to go to the later showing.

To kill time between (at my friend's suggestion, not mine) we went to see Ghostbusters. Second time for me, first for him. I loved it even MORE the second time. I know exactly why too. The first time there was still too much anxiety with doubts/concerns like "Is this going to be good, or be a complete piece of crap?" "Is it going to feel like this hurts the franchise I love or add to it?" So many concerns that, as a huge Ghostbusters fan, I can't turn off even if I wanted.

Don't get me wrong, that isn't to say it ruined my initial viewing or even effected it significantly. It's just that it was hard not to analyze every little bit of the movie for whether it was good or whether it hindered the movie.

Having already seen it for the first time, I was able to realize that I loved it, and thereby watch it again knowing I loved it without having to worry if any part of it was going to upset me. I would call the way I watched it the first time "cautious optimism." I wanted to love it, but I didn't want to get my hopes too high. The second time, I was full on geek out nerd mode LOVING IT!

Anyway, I would say you hit the nail right on the head, yes. Though, that only hits the tip of the iceberg of awesomeness that was Dr. Jillian Holtzmann. She was also the main comic relief in that she was so absolutely weird in such a lovable quirky way. I don't even really know how to explain it. You just have to see. I frigging love her! LOL! My second viewing of the movie only confirms it. Yeah, she is full on added to my (ridiculously long) list of celebrity crushes.

P.S.

Oh, by the way, Batman: The Killing Joke was really cool too. Very much a much darker Batman story. Not for the little kiddies. But, that is keeping very loyal to that story in the comics. It was a very dark story.

Did your friend enjoy the movie as much as you did on 2nd watch? They have a fave character?
    I would thought that Melissa McCarthy would have been the main source of funny since the movie was set up for her as lead, no? Nice others got shine times too.

He told me he really enjoyed it as well. Of course, he could have just been saying that because he knows how much I love Ghostbusters in general and didn't want to hurt my feelings. LOL! No, I'm kidding. I don't think he'd do that, plus he knows how worried I was about this movie. So, I'm sure if he didn't like it he'd have been honest.

Anyway, I actually wouldn't necessarily say Melissa McCarthy was set up as the lead character. One of them, yes, but it seemed more like Kristen Wiig's character (Erin Gilbert) was the main character with McCarthy's (Abby Yates) as the best friend. Thankfully both Wiig and McCarthy, often known for off the wall over the top characters, plaid much more subdued and realistic characters. Don't get me wrong. Both had plenty of their own funny moments, but they were more the "straight man" of the comedy team if you are familiar with that term. Patty and Jillian were really more the comic relief.

Again, the style of humor was one of my biggest concerns, but in the end I personally felt this wound up seeming very appropriate in style and delivery for the Ghostbusters franchise. Like I said, never been happier in my life to be proven wrong.

I still haven't seen this and you've already seen it twice. Was it understated, not so much dumb physical humor?

Emma Willis
    (Host BBUK and Voice UK )

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast