+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Break Up Is Final!!! But....

Break Up Is Final!!! But....

I've been posting about my breakup and now it's in its final stage and I'm relieved

My ex left me 3 months ago - but he also left some of his things at my apartment. I waited and waited...

I finally messaged him Sunday to let me know what to do with his things AND to please remove our photo(s) from Facebook (he STILL has our photo as his main picture!!!).
    He said "Will do..." and that he'd be by at the end of the week to get the rest of his things.

I haven't heard from him yet when he plans on coming for his stuff and he HAS NOT removed our photos from Facebook. While I've gotten rid of our photos since we're broken up, he hasn't even gone on. I don't want him to falsely advertise that we're together and I thought after I asked him, he would comply.

I'm relieved that he said he'd come to get his things, but I know that if I didn't say anything to him, his crap would sit in my apartment forever. Should I expect him to bail and not get his stuff? And why isn't he changing his FB when I asked him to? It's like he's okay with leaving loose ends behind. What his deal?

What is YOUR deal, "Sadlove?"

He said "will do" to taking down the pictures and he's told you he'll be there by the end of the week to get his shit yet here you are again wondering? So: What IS your deal?

- - - Updated - - -

If he's not there by the end of the week to get his stuff then TELL him (don't ask him) that you will be donating it to Goodwill by ________ (insert date here). Then if he doesn't come to get it... you get rid of it. Either that or you tell him that you're delivering it to his house and leave it at the front door.

Stop hoping his lack of action means something other then him not really caring about any of it like you are.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Yeah, his lack of action simply means that he doesn't care.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

hi there! obviously he is not over you. Ive seen this channel in youtube, its very cool.... its "26 letters channel".... check it out coz they have there "5 Signs You're Still Hung up on your Ex"... i hope it will help you... HUGZZZZZ

I think you're reading too much into it. A lot of people don't update their facebook profiles on a regular basis, and to be frank, it's no longer any of your business if he does or doesn't have pictures of you on his profile.

I myself have prolonged retrieving my things from an ex because I really didn't want to have to see him again.

You've posted before that he's with someone else, just let him be and stop making demands. Let him know when and where he can collect his things, or better yet, put them on his doorstep and send him a message letting him know. Done and done.

If you are over him, why stalk his fb? Maybe he will take it down later. Some people just don't go on fb often. He said by the end of the week so just wait. If he doen't show up, pack his stuff in a box, leave it outside, and tell him you will get rid of it (donate, etc) if he doesnt show up by the time you give him. But honestly, by the way you sound, i'd be afraid to show up at your house because i wouldn't want to fight or hear you go off at me. Anyway goodluck.

Woah! that advice tho