+ Follow This Topic

Thread: That feeling

That feeling

Advice: When it is hard to admit when things are not meant to be. Learn to live and let go. Feelings are the devil..hits you right in the gut sometimes. But when a person shows their true colors get up and walk away.

IF it was only that easy.

I think the worse feeling is when you are very very close and hang out a lot with the person and then they start dating someone else. *kick in the gut*...
    QUEStioN: if that happens , would you try to stay friends or leave it alone as it would adding to much anguish to you as a person watching and listening about the new relationship?

Personally, if it became to difficult for the heart to bare, I would wish them well and walk towards the next chapter of life, without them in it.

I've always felt that it sort of depends. Though, I'd say 99 times out of 100, in a situation like that, the best bet is to walk away. If the person hasn't necessarily done anything to wrong you, I wouldn't say you tell them off, or just ignore them cold turkey or anything like that. All the same, though, if you wanted to be more than friends and it doesn't seem it will happen, it is almost always best not to remain friends. In most cases, you may tell yourself you are just friends, but you as the person crushing on your "friend" are really just lying to yourself. Whether you realize it or not, most often it just results in you holding yourself back from pursuing other serious meaningful relationships because you are secretly just hoping your "friend" will suddenly become single and realize they want to be with you.

However, in the case where you can actually 100% let go of your feelings for the person and truly just be friends..... AND thereby not allow that to hold you back from seriously pursuing your true match elsewhere.... THEN and only then would I say it is okay to remain friends with a former crush. It is just that it can be very hard to do that, hence why it is most often not advisable to remain friends with a past crush.

I, myself, have always been bizarrely able to make that disconnect. I could meet a new female friend, develop a crush on her.... only to later find out she already has a boyfriend and then it is like flipping a light switch. I can remain friends without issue. I don't understand that particular gift, but I do appreciate it. So, since I am living proof that it CAN be done, I never say that it is automatically 100% always a bad idea to remain friends with a crush. It CAN be done, it just most often isn't a good idea. It just depends on whether you truly can make the appropriate separation and not be unfairly holding yourself back waiting for something that may never happen.

Awh!this is for me :/