+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why won't my friend's brother make a move?

Why won't my friend's brother make a move?

One of my best friend's older brother (I'm 17 almost 18 he's 18) has been flirty with me for months now. He's given signs from subtle touches to hugs to even straight-out suggestions of us being more than friends. I know he is interested / attracted to me but he hasn't actually made a move! I'm getting a little impatient because if he likes me (like I like him!) then I'd like him to show it / say it straight out. If he's not interested in anything happening between us I'd understand, I just want to know what he's thinking. Does anyone have any advice about how I could get his attention in a subtle way to show I'm interested in something more? Or does anyone have a clue what he may be thinking? Thanks

PS - he hasn't tried to hide from his sister (my friend) that he's attracted to me, so I don't think that's a reason why he wouldn't make a move

His behaviour makes me wonder if he wants Friends With Benefits rather than a date.

Anyway, I don't know how to let a guy subtly know that I'm interested. So I will give you the only way I know - blunt:

Next time he flirts, put on your sexy eyes and say "are you going to just flirt with me forever or are you going to ask me on a date?"
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Maybe he is not asking out of respect for his sister/your best friend.

If he dates you and things go bad, it could effect your relationship with her. That seems fairly considerate to me.

Quote Originally Posted by smarta$$ View Post
    Maybe he is not asking out of respect for his sister/your best friend.

If he dates you and things go bad, it could effect your relationship with her. That seems fairly considerate to me.
    He has openly flirted with me in front of her, but do you think he's afraid of how she'd feel about a full-on relationship?

I don't think he wants a "relationship" he's just lookin for fun, purely sexual interest. And when guys are lookin for fun, they want you to make the move so they don't get blamed for it.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I don't think he wants a "relationship" he's just lookin for fun, purely sexual interest. And when guys are lookin for fun, they want you to make the move so they don't get blamed for it.
    So I'm not the only one picking up FWB vibes from him....
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.