+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not sure if im in love anymore. ...

Not sure if im in love anymore. ...

I have been with my boyfriend for 7 years, he is a good man, loves my daughter as his own and is a hard worker. However, the past year has been an eye opening one. It seems as if the only thing we have in common is each other. I want to be adventurous and enjoy life and he is content with coming home from work and sleeping. We dont do anything together and if we do its more of a chore than anything.Sex is non existent and i dont have the urge anyway. I care for him and know if i left him he wouldnt know how to keep his stuff together. I find myself reaching out to exes and male friends for attention at times and often wonder what my life would be with someone else. Communication about these things would be next to impossible so im not sure what the next steps are...any advice or input is greatly appreciated. .thanks.

After 7 years together, you should be able to communicate. I don't know why you dismiss the thought as being "next to impossible." Why? If you're already starting to look outside the relationship for validation, NOW is the time to act before things go too far.

Talk to him, try new things, get him on board with trying new adventures. Take a road trip, refresh your sex life, actually TRY before you start looking elsewhere. He may have no idea you are feeling this way and could be more than willing to make things work.