+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex boyfriend, new boyfriend confusion

Ex boyfriend, new boyfriend confusion

I need fresh eyes with this, all my friends seem biased. In October 2014, I began seeing D. D swept me off my feet completely. Everything was amazing, we had an attraction like no other. In nov things began to go wrong. D broke up with me because he was supposed to move to atl later in the summer and felt as though continuing our relationship would do nothing but hurt us both in the end. I was devastated. Weeks later we ended up back together. Long story short, D had always found problems and reasons to break it off. In a span of 6 mos we had broken up 8+ times. When we were good we were great, but when we weren't it was h**l. We had both done wrong things to each other (seeing other people, name calling etc). We finally decided to break it off for good in April. I had tried for months to get back together, with no success, and D and I began fighting more and more. For a while, I saw his friend and we were having sex. In June I met my current boyfriend, J. J is younger than me and still in school but is the most loveliest funniest guy I've ever met. We have a lot of fun together and mesh well. I see a lot of potential and him and like him a lot. He has said he loved me. I said it too, because i do. Up until today I haven't questioned that. That is, until D texted me. He went on a long tangent about how we should be together again and how he misses me and loves me and finally realizes what he lost. I am now at a lost for words. On one hand I do still care for D. But I know the things he has put me thru, and being intimate with his friend is something that I fear may come up if we get back together. On the other hand, J is amazing, has a lot of potential and already treats me like a princess. I'm not sure what to do. Any advise is welcomed.

What's wrong with you. Really? What is?

D. wants you back to **** you one more time and then argue with you so that you break up with him yet again.

Grow up and stop being D's play toy.

Close the door by telling him to go fk himself and leave you alone.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I don't know why you would even consider taking your ex back. You broke up at least 8 times in 6 months. Completely dysfunctional. Do you really need to go back for more? Cut this guy off completely