+ Follow This Topic

Thread: We broke up a couple times as kids. (13) We are now 17, is it BAD to date?

We broke up a couple times as kids. (13) We are now 17, is it BAD to date?

Hello, so. This girl and I, who I have long loved, and wanted a beautiful and even life-lasting relationship are back together. When we were about 13, we dated two times, each lasting a couple months. We were young and immature at the time, but I was just wondering if its bad to date again? We are now 17, and are close to 18. What are your thoughts?

Go for it man. Things get more interesting when you get more mature. Be confident and have no fear.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Well, why did you break up in the first place? You were 13, so my gut reaction would be to say go ahead and give it another shot. When you are that young, often you aren't really ready to be in a serious relationship even if you think you are. I am not saying at 17/18 you definitely are, but you are certainly much more equipped to give it a serious shot than you are at 13. Most likely, just because you didn't work out when you are 13 doesn't mean you may not now.

However, if there were legitimate reasons why you didn't work out, that may be different. If it was just a matter of "we were young and dumb" then go for it. If there were actual reasons why you didn't work out, then unless that has changed it seems unlikely it would work now. So, really only you could answer that. But, more often than not you are too young at that age to really understand a relationship at all, so it may not have much bearing on whether it would be worth it to try again now. You've both grown and matured. At least I hope. LOL! Good luck.