+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is he really an airhead / not paying attention OR is he pretending?

is he really an airhead / not paying attention OR is he pretending?

I am friends with this guy and sometimes I have to shake my head. There are things I have definitely talked to him about or things that he KNOWs, but he acts dumb about it.
    For example, i had MULTIPLE discussions with him about me being in the market to buy a new car, and even asked him for some advice. After I got the car, he is like, "oh you got a new car?" Along the lines of the car, he definitely has walked by it in the parking lot, in my usual spot, replacing my old car, and he acted like he hasn't seen it yet.

there are a few other things too. for example, I told him I for example that i joined this gym, it's a unique gym, and told him i go to the early classes. i mentioned offhand that i had to wake up early because i was going to that gym. he said, oh, you're a member?

WTF? is he really not paying attention to anything I say? this really hurts my feelings because I considered him a friend. is it possible though he's just pretending? i mean sometimes it's like, um, are you serious? why would he play dumb, if that's what he's doing? And it's not even an "oooh right, you told me." it's like, as if i NEVER told him.
    Last edited by AshBern; 24-08-15 at 10:39 AM.

My guess is that he probably only listens to a quarter of what you say.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    My guess is that he probably only listens to a quarter of what you say.
    :-(
    wow . I'm sad now.

yeah sorry. But whatever the reason he pays little attention to your doings, he doesn't sound like he's worth much of your time and effort.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Sounds like something i would say. Sometimes I am a bit slow. If you're wondering if he likes you enough, then think whether he does that to other people too.