+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Overly Jealous Mom- Help Please

Overly Jealous Mom- Help Please

Hey all, I just would like to say that I'm new to this site, so excuse me for not following any norms or anything of that sorta nature.

So my new step dad just moved in a couple days ago and everything has been fine except for the fact that my overly jealous mother is doing all in her power to prevent me from interacting in any way with my step dad. She even prohibits me from LOOKING at him, and even if I hear him/he says something to me, she will immediately interrogate me as if I was the wanted international terrorist who just broke into the NSA or something. OK analogy over, but anyways, I can't keep going on with basic functions such as making food, going to the bathroom and even waliking in my own house. Every time I go out my room when my stepdad is home, I have to like triple check every hallway, crevice, crack, etc before walking to make sure my mom isn't there to interrogate me for whatever suspicions she has of me. She always thinks I'm flirting with him when I have a boyfriend and I'm merely replying to him, as I have never once initiated conversation with him as he was always the one to do so. Personally I believe a partial reason of this behavior is due to my bisexuality and my mother asscociating bisexuality with extreme sexual behavior/lust.

How sad for your mother that she married someone she couldn't trust to be around her daughter, and that she has a daughter she doesn't trust to be around her man. It sounds like she has made a big mess of things.

If your post is for real, I think you should just minimize contact with that man, wear conservative clothing, and count the days until you are old enough to move out.

How sad for your mother that she doesn't think she's desirable enough to keep her man's eyes from straying. Has she always acted this way? Have you given her any reason to think you cannot be trusted around her husband?

So my new step dad just moved in a couple days ago
    How long has your mother known this guy and how many "step dads" have you had?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

How old are you?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Dear O.P

Shame on your mother. To subject you to such weird energy is a true tragedy and you'd be wise to move out if you can, if your old enough. If not, this is a situation where you'll harbor allot of resentment towards her in the years to come and you'll be right to do so.
    She seems to be forgetting that you are her child. Again, shame on her and a cosmic slap.

If you are able to continue with your schooling while having a safe place to finish your teen years, do it. Is there, are there any other family members you can live with?, I wonder.
    I would imagine your mother's behavior also makes your step dad uncomfortable. Just know, it is her twisted sickness and on her, not you, her. Do not allow her messed and twisted energy to negatively influence you, at least, try not to.

good luck

I'm 19 for everyone who is wondering. I don't have enough to move out, have to pay for college and currently also have a job.
    I can't/dont know how to edit my main post.
    Bow before me as I am Le Queen of Dank Memes, you filthy peasant!!!

Do you have a history of inappropriate behavior with any of her men, whether initiated by you or not?