+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I like a girl who has a boyfriend

I like a girl who has a boyfriend

Hello, i am a 23 year old man and would like to get some advice from you. I work in an office and have a new female coworker. We started talking and we really get along well. She is cute, funny and smart. She always asks me if i want to join her at dinner and go with her on a walk during the break and we always laugh and have a really nice time. I actually enjoy her presence and she seems to enjoy mine.But she has a boyfriend. I am not jealous of him , but i am a little frustrated because i cant ask her to go to out with me for a walk in the park, too see a movie or just talk outside the office. She is really a nice person and i would like to get to know her better. I dont want to stop talking to her or something, but i do want your advice, opinions or experiences. Thank you very much !

Well you could just be friends and have a nice time together, if you want something else you could try to be a closer friend and then ask her out. We don't know how serious her relationship is.. but I don't think thats a good idea, I've been in a similar problem. I had a boyfriend and then I met a guy, we became friends and I really liked him, I got so confused that I screwed things with both of them.. I mean it's a really difficult situation where things could get really bad.
    I think you should know her better and enjoy being friends, maybe later you will have your chance with her.

Ask her this: "I know that you have a boyfriend but I find you interesting, do you wanna go and have a dinner with me"?
    Nothing to loose. If she says no, be friends with her.

Leave a taken girl alone and respect her relationship is my best advice. If you want to do something with her as a friend do it in a work group outing.

Stay friends, do not go beyond that.

You don't want to end up potentially making serious drama, do you?

What's with the first two posters encouraging the guy to become a cuckholder? LunV93 who actually got herself all screwed over due to the same dilemma yet is coaching the guy to do what got her screwed over? Did you not learn ANYTHING from that bad approach?

OP: Just distance yourself from her because you're starting to crush on her and you're allowing yourself to become vulnerable to her because you find her to be "safe" because she's already taken. Stop doing one-on-one date like things with her during your work hours.

Time to step away and if she asks you why you're turning down her invitations, tell her that you find it inappropriate to be doing such tings with someone that has a boyfriend and that if she's ever single then you'd love to take her out on a real date... then distance yourself again. Keep it simple and professional from there on out.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion