+ Follow This Topic

Thread: PLZ HELP ME ASAP He knows I like him but he ignores me?

PLZ HELP ME ASAP He knows I like him but he ignores me?

Even writing this makes me cringe... So I guess this guys was a decent friend last year even though we didn't have any classes together. We sang for events multiple times together and we even hangout afterwards, BUT I think I ruined it last year because I kinda liked him and maybe I came on too strong and it became super obvious that I liked him. I don't even like him anymore I just miss him being my friend, and this all happened LAST school year (we just started our senior year on Monday) and this is the first time we have classes together BUT HE COMPLETELY IGNORES ME and avoids me and kinda rubs it in. Like I was walking with my friend and he called her out and said hi to her then looked at me and looked away? And he just avoids my friends whenever I'm with them and its confusing me because I didn't really do anything wrong?
    I'm a pretty lovable person (according to others it's hard to ever hate me) and he's known for being one of the sweetest and outgoing/friendly guys in our class. So what could be the reason why he's ignoring me? Some people think it's because he actually LIKES me now? But hes really friendly and MOST OF HIS FRIENDS ARE GIRLS. It's been ONE YEAR since I talked to him idk why he's acting weird PLZ HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? I feel like our awkward silence is worse than talking to each other.

Ah, much the same happened to my daughter when she asked out a boy from her class a couple of years ago. He went from being friendly and chatty to completely blocking her. Why? Who knows? I guess he just got wigged out - same as the boy in your class.

There's not much you can do other than to move on and accept that he won't be part of your life anymore. You'll both end up dating others and you'll eventually forget all about this.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Confront him about it simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    This is big mistake girls make. It actually pushes guy away when girl is making pressure on him. It all have to happen naturally. You cant force it. Just like erection.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    This. Try not to make him defensive, but ask him what's up.

I actually did confront him and he said "No I am not angry at all! I'm sorry you've been feeling this way. I've noticed that we haven't been talking in class but I'm sure that'll change soon" Then I decided to just tell him the truth (that I liked him last year cuz I was trying to get over someone else but i've mainly viewed him as a friend besides that time) and he thanked me for telling him because he had no idea. Then I said "that's why I thought you were ignoring me so I ignored you too. But it's alright now " And he didn't reply??? What could this mean? He's fine now right? Like he's not offended or anything?

that I liked him last year cuz I was trying to get over someone else but i've mainly viewed him as a friend besides that time
    Perhaps he doesn't favor the bolded part of this statement. Did you happen to ask him at any point if he "like(s)(d)" you?

Well I thought that part would relieve him cuz it emphasizes that I definitely don't like him.. No I didn't because I'm pretty sure he does not. He has lots of lady friends so there's no reason not to talk to me like how he was completely ignoring me this year was weird.. he also went to gov school and there were lots of pretty girls there. we haven't talked in like 1 year so I don't think he likes me. What do you think?

What do you think?
    Is it important? Why didn't(don't) you simply ask him? ...particularly now that you two are talking again. You sure seem to be coming up with a lot of reason to convince yourself, him, and us that you definitely definitely DO NOT like this guy anymore. Sure about that?

Because I already know the answer. He does not and I'm pretty sure and i didnt want to make things more awkward. It wouldn't make sense because we stopped talking last year because we didn't have classes and barely saw each other. Maybe he didn't reply to me because he feels weird? Well i like him as a friend but idk about more than a friend after everything that's happened :/

You know...or you're pretty sure? If the former...HOW do you know? Didn't you just end a year of not talking to each other because it was awkward? Now you won't talk because it might get...awkward?!? Didn't that turn out to be a misunderstanding? You're thinking this into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by solarion View Post
    You know...or you're pretty sure? If the former...HOW do you know? Didn't you just end a year of not talking to each other because it was awkward? Now you won't talk because it might get...awkward?!? Didn't that turn out to be a misunderstanding? You're thinking this into the ground.
    I'm pretty sure. Well of course we're going to talk but I think asking him if he ever liked or likes me will make it awkward again because if I don't like him, why should I care you know? It was clear he was ignoring me though whether it was intentional or unintentional. Maybe he just didn't know how to start a convo with me which is still weird because he's the friendliest and most of his friends are girls

Let's get this straight, I meant YOU to confront him about why he is being so rude to you, not whether he liked you or not. Isn't this what this thread is about? What to do about his behavior towards you?

You could say "hey Mike, I noticed you have been ignoring me and blah blah blah. I don't know what I did to be treated like this, I thought we were friends. Is there something you want to say? Then say it, because it's been real confusing to me and I don't like it. It's been real disappointing that you go around and , blah blah blah. I hope we can resolve whatever it is and get back to being friendly with each other. I'm going to let you go now, so you can think about it, talk to you later OK?"