+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why is he acting this way? PLZ HELP

Why is he acting this way? PLZ HELP

So this guy and I were decent friends last year however I THOUGHT that I ruined it because I kinda liked him and I thought it was obvious that I did. Suddenly this year, it seemed like he was purposely avoiding me like he would talk to and say hi to everyone right next to me and purposely avoid me and not acknowledge my presence at all. He did glance at me a few times though but I felt like he was somehow uncomfortable... so I decided to text and confront him.

He said: "No I'm not angry with you! I'm sorry you've been feeling that way, I have noticed that we aren't really talking in class but I'm sure that will change very soon"
    Me: "Oh phew. Ok well I'll clear this up then if you noticed: I liked you last year because i was trying to get over J, but I've viewed you as just a friend besides that time, so I'm sorry for all the confusion!"
    Him: "Thank you for telling me. I honestly had no idea."
    Me: "I thought you knew and you were ignoring me because of something that happened last yr so that's why I kept ignoring you too. But yay, tis all good now "

The he just stopped replying..

So i'm confused now. Why did he ignore me if he didn't know I liked him? Was it unintentional (it seemed pretty uncomfortable and there was lots of tension)? Or does he LIKE me? He's really outgoing and friendly though so I thought if he liked a girl he would at least talk to her. Most of his friends are girls...

How long has he stop talking to you?

You said this:
    Me: "Oh phew. Ok well I'll clear this up then if you noticed: I liked you last year because i was trying to get over J, but I've viewed you as just a friend besides that time, so I'm sorry for all the confusion!"
    Which is telling him that you view him only as a friend. Perhaps he doesn't want another female friend.

If you like him for more then a friend then why didn't you make that clear when you were texting him. Perhaps you've been so obvious in your attempts to show him that you like him for more then a friend and he doesn't like you in that way, so he is ignoring you in order to not lead you into crushing even more on him.

You can't ask strangers what some dufus is thinking. You have to learn to communicate clearly to the person what your intent is and if you're not brave enough to do that, then you will be as confused always as you are now.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

That was a very strange message you sent him. If you're wondering why someone is a bit 'off' with you, then you ask them about it and wait for an answer.

Instead, you wrote to him about an assumption you've made and asked him NOTHING. Now you're asking us the questions you should have asked him.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Most of his friends are girls because he is so clueless on how to get with them....so he gets friend zoned.