+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Living At Home and Living On Your Own or Together?

Living At Home and Living On Your Own or Together?

All my life I have always lived at home with my parents. Yes I am 28 still at home it's not that big a of a deal a lot of people do it. My Boyfriend also 28 lives at home BUT his past relationship and most recent lasted him 6 years, and he had his girlfriend at the time move in with him, and the both of them lived together at his place at his parents house. Him having his own private guest house so thats where they lived for 6 years.

Anyway me I have never experienced living with someone, as I said I have always lived at home. To him, he has to come and pick me up and we go out and have fun and then at the end he has to drop me off and then he heads home. So him having had that 6 year relationship with that live in girlfriend, and not have that now, feels weird for him, because he isn't using to having a girlfriend in this way because it's been a long time for him.

I don't know what I should do to help him get use to this method. Him and I have been together for 8 months now and I just don't get it.

The way it usually works if you don't live together is that both parties share the chore of picking up and dropping off. He would collect you sometimes and you'd collect him sometimes.

It's not at all surprising that he's not OK with collecting you all the time - he's doing ALL the work here and you're doing none. If you don't have a car or a license, it's time to get one. It's time to start doing your bit
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 08-09-15 at 09:34 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I have a car and my license my parents just don't want to put me on the insurance because it's too much and I haven't had much luck with finding a job to pay for my own insurance coverage. And he says he doesn't mind picking me up and dropping me off.

If he doesn't mind picking you up and dropping you off, why did you need to make this post?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I was addressing how he felt weird about having someone living with him and then not having someone living with him, has him feeling weird.

Quote Originally Posted by treehugger101 View Post
    I have a car and my license my parents just don't want to put me on the insurance because it's too much and I haven't had much luck with finding a job to pay for my own insurance coverage. And he says he doesn't mind picking me up and dropping me off.
    ... and yet another example of your lack of mental capacity. You're 28 years old, you still live with your parents and you have no job.

Since you have disclosed that your boyfriend has is own guest house to live in on his parents property and because of your own emotional immaturity, it is clear to see why you're quite willing to "give up your own happiness" for this controlling and needy lug that you have to keep jumping through his insecure hoops for.

If he doesn't mind picking you up and dropping you off then why the fvck are you even asking yet another stupid question about this guy? Are you trying to figure out how you can get full dependence on him and his assets faster?

You're a troll or there is something not right with you.

I was addressing how he felt weird about having someone living with him and then not having someone living with him, has him feeling weird.
    Did he actually TELL YOU he was "feeling weird" in the manner you say? If he didn't then: He is NOT feeling weird. If he was he's so fking controlling that he would tell you about it and make you do something to stop making him feel weird... he would blame his "feeling weird" on you IF he were indeed feeling that way.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 09-09-15 at 03:50 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Does he still live in his parents gust house and if he does why hasn't he invited you to move in with him like he did his ex?

Quote Originally Posted by megvoh View Post
    Does he still live in his parents gust house and if he does why hasn't he invited you to move in with him like he did his ex?
    Because they've only been dating 8 flicking months is my educated guess.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Oh, only 8 months. LoL
    I'd prefer independence over shacking up with a bf before two years.
    Obviously if someone is from one country and moves to another then yes, live with him, but if in the same city no reason to rush to move.