+ Follow This Topic

Thread: in love with friend dilema with a twist.

in love with friend dilema with a twist.

ok the situation is i am a male 20 years old and have found myself feeling more than just friends with a close female friend.

Me and this girl have a fantastic connection and have been friends for bout 18 months but only in the last recent months have i felt like we could be more than just close friends. We both aknowledge we get along realy well and recently have been spending a lot of time together just hanging out away from our social group. I am unsure how she feels on our situation as there are some external factors.
    Most notably the fact we got to know each other becuase she was going out with a friend of mine. they broke up almost a year ago and we all still hang out together. this poses a further complication in the matter because i still believe my friend never got over her and if anything where to happen between us it may effect our tight social group.

So the obvious question is do i tell her how i feel which could result in anywhere between loosing a great friendship and destroying a tight social group to being with the most beutiful girl iv ever meet. Or do i take the alternative and forever hold my piece and just be thankfull that i have her as a friend.

any help on the matter would be much appreciated.
    thanks in advanced.

Tone Guest
    Go for it.

How "great" of a friendship will it be if the rest of your days (now that you discovered you have these feelings for her) you're always yearning inside to be with her, if whenever you're around her your heart is set on fire, and you always hold it inside of you, torturing yourself - so that you can remain "friends."

I mean don't get me wrong, I don't think you should run up to her and spill your guts... I'd test the waters first... try hanging out alone, step up the flirting a bit, etc. See if she goes for it or not.

I'd talk to your guy friend first and get his blessing or at least his understanding. Then follow Tone's advice. Bros before Hoes right? This becomes a bit more flexible when you get older, but I'm not sure how old you are.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

hey thanks for the advice. those are 2 very valid points and ill take them into consideration. its just a matter of choosing the right time and place to express your feelings you no.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Johnson