+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long distance friend

Long distance friend

I have a friend I talk to every day online. I'm somewhat interested in him romantically. We have been talking for about 3 years now. We've recently graduated to talking on the phone. He wants to talk to me on the phone almost every day, for an hour or more. He always initiates the conversations. But he lives in another country and can't afford to move closer.

Does he like me romantically or is he just a friend?

BTW.. we have had sexual conversations but it's been a while since we've done that

I'm not sure what to say.

Yes, he may be into you a bit. But if neither of you can move, is there any point in pursing it?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

What is the point in all of this? All your interaction with him is doing is keeping you closed off to real-life potential suitors who will you will be able to have tangible actions to actually SHOW you if he is interested in you as a possible LIFE-partner.

Stop the nonsense and slowly do the fade on this jerk-off or tell him outright that it's not something you feel is good for either of you to continue on with. You are also stagnating him from finding someone close to him that he can have a real relationship with as well.

You are encouraging him and you he to be lonely shut-offs to the rest of the world.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion