+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I messed up

I messed up

I said something really dumb that could cost me my relationship. I have been with this girl for a little more than a year, and I give her my all, but she is off at college now and it makes my stress levels very high, especially when she talks about other guys. It’s not that I don’t trust her, just that I got jealous. Either way one night she was texting her mother about her new friend, happens to be a guy. She had talked about how nice he is and how he makes her feel smart because she can help him with his work. Of corse I got jealous. She accidentally sent me one of the texts intended for her mother and I freaked out. I told her I didn’t believe that she was texting her mother, and that I was so jealous. She called me and asked how long I have been thinking about this. I told he since she moved. And was so irritated with me and now she doesn’t know if she wants to stay with me or if she ways to break up. I’ve apologized many time and even talked to her. She just doesn’t know if she can trust me or not. What do I do, because if it wasn’t for this, we would be smooth sailing.

The problem is that even if she decided to stay with you, your jealousy would still be an issue. And even if you managed to keep it to yourself, it would eat you up inside.

Now that she's away, she will be meeting lots of new guys. And you're not there to hang out with her and be part of her life anymore. And to be honest, if she's telling her mother about this new guy, then he's certainly gotten under her skin. Long distance relationships are hard at the best of times - but in your teens they are even more difficult to sustain.

The only thing which may save you is seeing each other as frequently as possible to keep the relationship somewhat normal. How often do the two of you manage to see each other face to face? When will she come back?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Think you acted normal and natural. Thats just who you are and no need to apologize about it. I mean cmon are you really this stupid? - She hangs out with the guy she likes him, she texts her mum about him and you apologizing about that? Its her who should be trying to make it up for you. You are staying 100% loyal, she is not.

Basil have point too. This relationship might become too artificial. To be honest shes not the girl for you if she things about dumping you. Seems like she just want freedom to do whatever she wants.
    If you had enough dignity you would dump her just for this doubt she had. Relationships should be easy. This struggle you are having when she is not even seeing her fault while you are full with emotions and not getting understanding from her makes it nightmare for you. If you choose to keep trying then I hope you will have someone to talk about this to get emotional support. Cause otherwise you will just go insane.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I don't think you did anything wrong, if I (a girl) texted my mum about a boy I'd met then it would be because I thought a lot of him. If your girlfriend did this, then you (as her boyfriend) certainly have a reason to be concerned! She needs to make it up to you, not the other way around.

But she may not want to make it up. I'm guessing that she's moved on with her new life and wants out.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Sorry but she is in college.....she's gonna definitely get to meet lots of guys and yes there is a possibility she will dump you for one of them. This is why I say, if you go to college you should be single, and enjoy the experience of dating others, going to parties etc. Having a relationship is way too difficult to maintain. You are both better off without each other.

Maybe u both need some time off from that emotion. Give it a week or two.

http://tinyurl.com/relationships-tricks-technique
    http://tinyurl.com/dating-howitworks
    http://tinyurl.com/relationshipslike-rightnow