+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I romantically involved with this girl?! *PLS HELP*

Am I romantically involved with this girl?! *PLS HELP*

OK, so one year ago me and this girl started talking through Twitter DM. Our conversation was never flirty, just trading replies regarding holidays and music (most specifically) when suddenly she asked for my number. We traded numbers but for around 11 months, our conversation on Twitter, Whatsapp and Snapchat has been very minimum.
    A few weeks ago, she posted on her snapchat story of a sad emoji so I asked what's up. She was telling me that she was in love with a guy that she shouldn't be in love with and just telling me that she was sad about it. I gave her some advice and my opinion and she really appreciated that I reached out to her. Last week on my birthday (exactly 10-15mins after it 12am and it was my birthday) she sent a snapchat message saying Happy Birthday and for me to check her snapchat story. Her snapchat story was a happy birthday message to me! So sweet

Now that she did that and we've had really good conversations, I'm maybe thinking they're may be a romantic connection? One of my closest friends from Uni is also friends with her and he is always telling me that me and her would be a good couple cos of similar interests and like minded thinking.

Unfortunately she is going on holiday today and won't be back for a while. It is also her birthday tomorrow! So today I messaged her and I told her to have a fun and safe trip. She said thank you and 'hopefully see you when I'm back'. Amazing right!

Do you think I should ask her out, or am I kidding myself thinking she might want to have a romantic connection with me as well? Do you think what she did might just be cos she's a friendly person? I've spoken to a few people and they all think I should ask her out after what I've told them...do you think it's worth doing or am I just kidding myself?! Is it too soon to ask her out seeing as she's still kind of upset getting rejected from a guy she liked before?

If I did ask her out, what do you think I should say? I was thinking of putting this AFTER she comes back: "Hey are you free next week, was just wondering if you wanted to meet up?". Note: I have never met her before! Also seeing as it is her birthday soon, shall I do the same she did to me in regards of Snapchat?!

Crazy kids and their social media flings. Sure, ask her out if she is not seeing anyone, you obviously like her. How far apart are the two of you geographically?
    Pain is what the world does to you, suffering is what you do to yourself. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by solarion View Post
    Crazy kids and their social media flings. Sure, ask her out if she is not seeing anyone, you obviously like her. How far apart are the two of you geographically?
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'm sorry, I'm just hugely unlucky when it comes to dating/love etc (which you may guess in connection to my previous posts). She lives around 30mins or so, legit 2/3 train stops away so not far at all. Just not sure if she's coming across as friendly or wanting to date me. She also signs her messages as "xx" so like two kisses, so this may mean something too hey? Also, any thoughts on the snapchat thing? And when I meet up with her, I was thinking of buying a birthday card. Is this too much or too little? Maybe a card and chocolates in a nice birthday bag?

Replies from various people would be greatly appreciated, it sure calm me down!!

- - - Updated - - -

Note: It's actually her birthday tomorrow lol, Facebook was telling me a different thing. We are also FB friends, Snapchat, Instagram and Twitter friends....and this is a girl who I have never met before! Crazy hey?!?!

Yeah, pretty crazy. I don't know anything about snapchat and I've never tweeted or twitted or whatever verb it is when one uses twitter. People say stuff on these things that they don't necessarily backup face to face so don't read anything into xoxos in text. Suggest you ask her out, but don't over think when or how to death, just do it. If/when you do meet and you want to show her that you remembered her bday then just get a card. Don't go overboard and get a stuffed animal, confections, etc for someone you've never met or you may scare her. Keep in mind that although you've been conversing with this individual for a year, she's not a goddess, a diety, or even an endangered species. She's another human with many of the same fears and anxieties that you have. Just talk to her like a friend.

GL
    Pain is what the world does to you, suffering is what you do to yourself. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by solarion View Post
    Yeah, pretty crazy. I don't know anything about snapchat and I've never tweeted or twitted or whatever verb it is when one uses twitter. People say stuff on these things that they don't necessarily backup face to face so don't read anything into xoxos in text. Suggest you ask her out, but don't over think when or how to death, just do it. If/when you do meet and you want to show her that you remembered her bday then just get a card. Don't go overboard and get a stuffed animal, confections, etc for someone you've never met or you may scare her. Keep in mind that although you've been conversing with this individual for a year, she's not a goddess, a diety, or even an endangered species. She's another human with many of the same fears and anxieties that you have. Just talk to her like a friend.

GL
    Thank you for your reply. Haha well Twitter is like Instagram - you follow users and its up to them to follow you back. We've followed each other for a while but never really spoke - so when a mutual topic came up on Twitter we talked quite a little bit aha. Then we took it to private message and she asked for my number . I guess the kisses and hugs thing is a little schoolish and I guess I shouldnt read too much into it, im just determined to not eff it up cos I think we both have a lot in common and could possibly make a good couple. At the end of the day, she made the first approach to "hopefully meet up" so I think maybe she wants to give it a go romantically...not too sure. But maybe when we meet and how we act can determine that! I suppose a birthday card will be nice and would be a nice touch to the..."date".

Date seems like such a weird word...it would be my first date with a girl if all goes to plan (OMG)....so hopefully you see why i'm a little nervous (not scared)
    -soccerguy987

Any other thoughts? I'd appreciate comments from other people and gather more opinions