+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it unfair of me to ask my gf for a pre-nup?

I think standing your ground is a fine idea. But leave off the bit about having asked others because she'll a) start on about who you've been speaking with. And b) it lessens your show of personal strength.

Just put it forward that this is who you are and what you believe and it's not up for negotiation. Each time she raises the topic in future, remind her that she knows how you feel and that you will not be discussing it with her.

I do believe she'll probably leave you over it and go find someone else who will pay her bills - but you will at least know that this will be an informed choice by her.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

PonyMan,

Good grief. After reading the last posts regarding your situation I am left with the feeling that your putting way too much emphasis on money rather than the hard notion of what really matters here and that's love. What is your heart telling you, all else aside, what is 'it' saying.?
    I mean, do you love this girl or not?

Relationships are partnerships. She may be a little spoiled or have a needy sense of entitlement and that is something you and her can discuss and figure the reasons for and why.

We're all strangers here and don 't know you. What your asking is most difficult to answer because we don't live in your heart or hers; therefore, you are the only person able to get the answer here because the answer is inside you.

But I will say this; when two people are meant and have a good chance at making it, there are very few doubts and the one's that are, are usually little ones...
    A mix of gut and heart will tell you what you need to do.
    good luck
    Last edited by woody; 29-09-15 at 07:05 AM.

Okay thanks. Yes I do love her. I thought she was the one maybe putting too much emphasis on money, rather than love though. She is the one having issues with money, and the one always bringing it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12