+ Follow This Topic

Thread: fight or give it up?

fight or give it up?

Me and my girlfriend have almost been together for 6 months, it was love at first site and we clicked instantly, no questions asked. We have had a lot of problems before august trying to jump hurdles which had tensed the relationship as every other day something bad happened and we'd both be back to square one on feeling down...

Since our problems have gone my girlfriend still wants to cause arguments over petty things that are not necessary for example; she could turn around frequently and say i dont kiss, cuddle, give her enough sex etc when really i do give her all that regularly and if im honest im the one making the first move on everything, on rare occasions she will put herself out to kiss or cuddle me.

Anyway the main purpose of me writing this was because 4-5 days ago i came home from work, she was sleeping and i went on her phone to see if she got my message or not as she read it earlier in the night but was not online during the time she was sposed to of read it. Anyway she moved in bed and i put the phone down and she noticed i went on it after she woke up, yet i denied it for a couple of days because i was stupid and didnt want another arguement.

So eventually after constantly bringing it up i just told her the truth and the reason why but she didn't understand and called me a liar about everything when actually that was my first ever lie to her and i feel so bad about it.... last night she went to bed very early and i had a message saying she didnt want to be with me no more bla bla bla. She came downstairs and rolled a spliff which she told me she has not done for years so i question her and was told she kept the weed a month after we met and in that time we had moved to get our own house, so she brought it with us.
    Now i feel like she's the big liar, im disgusted in her and dont feel the same way about her like i did before... i know were both as bad as each other with a lie but were sposed to be trying for a baby and she went and smoked it last night which i was not impressed with.

What advise can i have on this situation as i dont want her buying anymore of this weed and spiraling out of control with it like she did a couple years ago, so i was told...

Kind regards.

If you feel the need to go through her phone, I advise you not to have a baby. She's going to use drugs if she wants too. If you are anti-marijuana, then I would suggest you convey this information to her and let her make the decision she wishes, and you accept this decision. If you choose to stay together I think you need to discuss why you feel the need to go through her phone while she is sleeping. It sounds like you do not trust her. Why? Has she done something to lose your trust?
    I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways, Maybe it's all part of a plan, Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes, Hoping that you'll understand--Ed Sheeran

Sounds like she has anger management issues, is addicted somewhat to drama and either needs to see a therapist or smoke more weed without judgements or disgust coming from outside sources.

My advise is to NEVER move in with someone when you don't even know who they are. NEVER move in with someone during what is commonly known as the honeymoon stage...

... and to NEVER think that what you have with someone right away is LOVE at first site or anything close to it. What it is, is lust and infatuation and sexual attraction. You've now found out, due to time and actually getting to know her, that she is a C and that you do not even get along well never mind "love" her.

Get out and stay away. You will NEVER make this relationship be a happy and content one. You need to keep looking to find another girl and get to know her. Hopefully one day you will get to know what real "love" actually is.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion