+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Men Who Can Only Talk Dirty...WHY?

Men Who Can Only Talk Dirty...WHY?

I've been single for months now and am opening my options to meeting guys. So, I'm quite eager to talk to someone new if they're interested.
    However, the past handful of guys I met recently only want to have sexual conversations upon getting to know me. They really didn't ask about my job, my family, my background...just questions of what's my favorite position and do I like this or that. PLEASE! That's not truly getting to know me!

I'm in my mid-30s and had enough sexual experiences to know that I want MORE from a conversation - maybe about things going on in the world, maybe an intelligent conversation about things in the news or even about the guy's job or family. When a guy starts talking about how good he is in bed and how this and that, I literally yawn and say "That's interesting," which, to me is NOT. In my 20s it was hot and sexy to have dirty talk, now I want a more intense and intellectual conversation about something that matters in life. Some of these guys don't even know what I really do for work because they're too caught up in telling me how long they last - I could care less !!

I actually get sexually turned OFF by a guy talking dirty because it shows he doesn't truly care about me - he just cares about IT. I'm soooo beyond sex talk!
    How do I tell these guys this in the middle of our conversations. I'm not concerned about getting laid, I really just want to connect with someone on a mental level and if they're not smart enough to talk about everyday things, I don't even want to sleep them :p

Any diplomatic ways of saying this to a guy?

Did you meet those guys at Ashley Madison?

Be honest. There is so much more than sexual conversations to be had, and quite honestly, the sexual conversation is far more interesting once there is a connection created by real conversation. Just tell the guys, "I liked what I had known about you, but this dirty talk is a major turn off." Good luck!!
    I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways, Maybe it's all part of a plan, Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes, Hoping that you'll understand--Ed Sheeran

How are you meeting these men? Are you meeting them online or in person? If you are meeting them online, what sites are you using? If you are noticing a pattern of men that only want to talk about sex, maybe you need to start looking in other places, or change up the kind of guy you are looking for.

How do I tell these guys this in the middle of our conversations.
    You know whats THE best way to get it across that you're not interested in being someone's sex buddy? (because that's what these guys that do what you're saying want)... It's to immediately block and delete them from being able to contact you again. Don't even respond. Just block and delete. If you are trying to change them to want you for more then sex, well you're quite naïve. Men who are serious about finding a partner would not talk to you the way these men you're going on about talk to you.

Are you sure a part of you isn't enjoying the ego stroke?

If its happening face to face then you just get up and leave. Done and done.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by SadLove1980 View Post

How do I tell these guys this in the middle of our conversations.

Any diplomatic ways of saying this to a guy?
    Well, you can say "Your penis sounds lovely, it reminds me of my boyfriend Dick! What do you think of Donald Trump as the next president of the United States? I would much prefer to talk about Trump and his hair than your supposedly cute and adorable cock."
    Last edited by dontaskme; 26-09-15 at 11:26 AM.

^^^ *laughing here* ^^^
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

The guy that you speak of seems like a real idiot.

Talking dirty to a girl you've just met is definitely not the right thing to do. Personally, I barely talk dirty to my girlfriend who I've been with for several years because I think it's classless. Plus, as a man, you really don't know what your girl has experienced before in the bedroom, she may have had much better than you, but she will never tell you.