+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She said she just wanted to be friends, but......

She said she just wanted to be friends, but......

So I've been flirting with this girl lately, but a few nights ago we sat on the back of my truck for almost 3 hours just talking, mainly about where were from and our lives and stuff. She has noticed I've been flirty with her cause she called me out on it. I admitted it and she said she only wanted to be friend as of right now. It sucked to hear, but i was fine with it.

Well, tonight we were snap chatting and she didnt respond for about 30 mins, which i didnt care cause i knew what she was doin and she was busy. When she snapped me back, she was in just a sports bra and like volleyball style spandex pants. Her next snap about 2 mins later, she was wearing a T-shirt and shorts. Later that night, she got out of a movie and i asked how it was, and she says it was good and she'd definitely see it again.

So to me, I'm thinkin she wants to be more than friends, cause she literally could have taken the snap chat 2 mins before or after that point, or literally any different angle of just her head and not her whole body, and then when she said she'd definitely see it, i take it as she wants me to ask her to go to it.

What do you all think? Am i just over thinking it and she just did that stuff to just do that stuff? Honestly, im not the most experienced with women.

Quote Originally Posted by PackAttack View Post
    So I've been flirting with this girl lately, but a few nights ago we sat on the back of my truck for almost 3 hours just talking, mainly about where were from and our lives and stuff. She has noticed I've been flirty with her cause she called me out on it. I admitted it and she said she only wanted to be friend as of right now. It sucked to hear, but i was fine with it.

Well, tonight we were snap chatting and she didnt respond for about 30 mins, which i didnt care cause i knew what she was doin and she was busy. When she snapped me back, she was in just a sports bra and like volleyball style spandex pants. Her next snap about 2 mins later, she was wearing a T-shirt and shorts. Later that night, she got out of a movie and i asked how it was, and she says it was good and she'd definitely see it again.

So to me, I'm thinkin she wants to be more than friends, cause she literally could have taken the snap chat 2 mins before or after that point, or literally any different angle of just her head and not her whole body, and then when she said she'd definitely see it, i take it as she wants me to ask her to go to it.

What do you all think? Am i just over thinking it and she just did that stuff to just do that stuff? Honestly, im not the most experienced with women.
    I think if someone tells you they want to just be friends you should listen. but yeah i don't get her prancing around in her sports bra. It's possible she was being a tease. Perhaps she realized her mistake and that's she changed outfits. But we need more information. that one little incident doesn't tell us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AshBern View Post
    I think if someone tells you they want to just be friends you should listen. but yeah i don't get her prancing around in her sports bra. It's possible she was being a tease. Perhaps she realized her mistake and that's she changed outfits. But we need more information. that one little incident doesn't tell us anything.
    ^^^ Agree!

Stop fawning over her and reading further into her actions then you should be. She clearly told you she sees you as a friend. Don't let her shinanigans confuse you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Be her best friend. Friend will turn into lover lately & you she will feel you !

Honestly, these situations never work out well. You told her you were okay with just being friends, which clearly isn't true, or you wouldn't be reading into everything she does and says. She told you she only wanted to be friends, and none of her actions that you've described here lead me to believe she wants more than that. Nobody tells someone they are interested in, that they only want to be friends if they want more - that only happens in movies. It is scary to put yourself out there and say how you feel, and you are brave to have told you wanted to be more than friends. However, she decided that she doesn't see you as more than a friend and you need to respect that. If you are just going to pretend to be her friend while you sit there silently fawning over her, while you read into everything she says and does, hoping she will somehow change her mind about you, that's not fair and you aren't being a good friend to her at all.