+ Follow This Topic

Thread: You Called?

You Called?

There have been countless times, where I would call my Boyfriend via Facetime audio, video, or regular phone call on my iPhone5S and my Boyfriend would tell me "You called?" "I didn't get your call on my phone" basically saying that he never heard his phone ring or anything whatsoever. Sometimes he would call back after noticing but a lot of the times he says his phone never made a sound. He does live in an area where coverage isn't always great but come on, everyone has a cell phone and really it never made a noise? He doesn't have the phone on silent or vibrate I don't think. So why isn't he answering my calls?

My phone has the ring turned on and has vibrate activated. Yet I frequently miss calls on it. And then there are the times when it runs out of charge for half a day before I realise. Or I leave it in the car. Or I turn off the ringer because it would be intrusive (like in a workplace) and forget to turn it back on. Thankfully my friends and loved ones know how hopeless I am with my phone and don't take my missing calls personally.

That being said, perhaps you just annoy him and he ignores you on purpose. Given the amount of fights you have, it wouldn't surprise me if he was avoiding you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Perhaps he is avoiding me but then again who knows. I know yesturday he didn't talk to me due to him being sick, so he told me today, and today him and I were suppose to hang out but thats not happening because he is sick.

I mean, I would think that sounds like BS too, but some people are just kind of clueless with their phones. Personally, mine is always on my person. It's either in my pocket or right nearby. I almost always hear the ringer, or feel the vibration. ....That said, even I have missed a text or call at some point.... and I've also had a call now and then that I am almost 100% sure never rang through, but then all of a sudden I have voicemail.

So, I would agree that seems a bit fishy if it is ALL THE TIME, but sometimes people are just a big absent-minded with their phones. I wouldn't worry too much about this, in and of itself, unless you have other reasons to believe something is wrong. From basil's response, I take it there are other issues you've posted here, so maybe those are the more important issues at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by treehugger101 View Post
    There have been countless times, where I would call my Boyfriend via Facetime audio, video, or regular phone call on my iPhone5S and my Boyfriend would tell me "You called?" "I didn't get your call on my phone" basically saying that he never heard his phone ring or anything whatsoever. Sometimes he would call back after noticing but a lot of the times he says his phone never made a sound. He does live in an area where coverage isn't always great but come on, everyone has a cell phone and really it never made a noise? He doesn't have the phone on silent or vibrate I don't think. So why isn't he answering my calls?
    I agree with the others that calls and texts can easily be missed, even if you have your phone on you all the time. I keep my phone nearby almost all the time, I use it basically like a computer/iPod as well as a phone, and I still manage to miss calls or texts. In fact, just yesterday I got a text from my brother saying, "why is your phone going straight to voicemail when I call you?" and I was on my phone, and had no idea he even tried to call me. So I think you should just trust him when he says he missed it, especially since he isn't ignoring you by the time he offers you a reason why he's late to respond.

However, next time you are hanging out with him, when he leaves his phone un-attended, you can go into the settings and turn ON his read receipts. Then just start texting him instead of calling him and then you can see if he is actually ignoring you.

LOL! Clever and sneaky. Though, I think if you reach a point where you feel the need to do that, then maybe the trust has already been broken. I think if you find yourself stooping to levels like secretly changing your significant other's phone settings so you can see if they are actually ignoring you, maybe that is a sign that you just need to move on.