+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ghost dumped?!!

Ghost dumped?!!

So I'll try to make this kind of short, if I can.

I met my friend, Nyc's, cousin around 3 months ago. We played online games together and that was it, we were just gaming friends. We didn't even talk about life or anything, just the game we were playing at that moment then it was bye, *click*. Well, I was supposed to go to DragonCon (a convention in GA) to meet up with a really good friend of mine, I found out this cousin lived up in Atlanta, GA and was going to DragonCon also so I invited him to dinner / drinks with us and gave him my number so we could keep in touch about the event. Well, my plans fells through (apparently reserving a rental car does not mean you automatically get one....), but this cousin had added me on Facebook and we started talking more and more.
    I had a boyfriend at the time, but the cousin didn't know. When he found out he just said, "So? I'm not going to make you do anything and I'll still be here as your friend either way." It was sweet. Well, I break up with my boyfriend due to not having the same type of feelings for him, I wasn't in love with him. The cousin helped me through this and when I went through a really tough time with my parents he stayed up all night on the phone with me listening to me cry and would just ask me questions to try and get my mind off of it. We ended up falling asleep on the phone together that night.
    Then we started talking all the time, and he'd always call before he went to bed. After awhile he asked if I wanted to go out with him and I said no, as I had never met him in real life. For 2 weeks straight we talked about what it would mean for us to be in a relationship together, because I have a 3 year old and he lives 7 hours away, plus other things, just everything! He would always ask me if I was serious about my feelings for him, which I 100% was. He said he didn't want to just end up having a weekend fling with me, he wanted a real relationship, something to invest time and emotions into, and if he was going to do that he wanted to make sure I was with him on it. I was.
    He would always tell me how amazing and different I was. How he had never felt like this before, etc etc. Really hopeless romantic, cheesy stuff, and I love that type of stuff. He made plans and came and stayed with me for a weekend. It was the most perfect weekend ever! He told me how he couldn't be near me without having his arm around me, or cuddling or holding me, how when he kissed me his head swam (mine did too!). I was falling really hard and fast. We started dating that weekend.
    When he went home everything seemed to change. Sept, 28th, Monday he didn't say a word to me, but the next day we talked for hours. He had run his phone limit up by GPSing all the way down to my house and back and that he was swamped with work for being away for the weekend. I understood. He was a free lancer, his hours were very weird. On the 30th we talked also, but he ended up getting upset at me. He was going on a business trip and invited me a long, but he kept saying "WE'LL" come and pick you up. I wanted to know who this "we" was, but he called me untrusting and that I was doubting him, that I should've answered yes or no before bombarding him with questions and that "It's not like we're going to rape you or anything." This worried me. He called before he went to bed and said something like (I can't remember exactly, but it was really weird), "Everything will always feel different. It'll never be the same." And then he hung up on me.
    I didn't hear from him for 4 days. On the 4th he logged on, apologizing profusely to me. The internet company had screwed them over and their bill was $600. We had talked about this before so it made sense to me. I told him how it made me feel, how even though his phone was off he could've driven to a hot spot and messaged me or e-mailed me to let me know what was up. That night he laid it on pretty think, apologizing so many times and telling me how much he missed me and how beautiful I was, what an amazing girlfriend I was and how different and special I was.
    On the 5th he was kind of aggravated it seemed. His company had said no to me going on this trip with him and his computer was acting up (which he needs for work). He told me it wasn't anything that I had done and if it was he would've told me in a heart beat. That night he also said that I shouldn't worry so much and I should trust him to just not disappear on him. I told him that I would trust him and that everyone deserves a chance until proven otherwise etc etc. He thanks me and told me that he would never up and leave, just ditch me, and that he wasn't running around behind my back. He said he felt amazing for having me and that I was something special for him to hold onto.

That was the last I spoke to him..... He said he was going to be online early the next day after running errands and I never heard from him. It's been a week now. I tried calling his phone and it rang 30 seconds, then voicemail. I didn't blow up his phone. I only left 1 voicemail, tried his phone 3-5 times a day throughout the day and only left him really 2 long texts, 1 explaining why I have a problem with him not keeping in touch with me and the 2nd was a more angry one. Finally on the 6th day I got worried. I found his roommate (who streams video games every day) through his twitter and luckily he was streaming at this time. I asked him if he was his roommate and he said yes. I said that I was his gf and that he had come to visit me the last weekend of September and that I was worried because I hadn't heard from him in over a week. That's when I heard my bf in the background laughing at the t.v or something. I told his roommate to tell him that I was worried, but if he honestly didn't want to contact me that I would remove him from everything and save him the hassle, and that I thought he was a p**** for not saying anything to my face. He promised he would pass along the info as soon as he was done streaming. I then texted my boyfriend the same thing, only a whole lot more, and deleted him from everything including his number.

P.S. The time he states he 'didn't have internet' he actually did have internet as his roommate confirmed that they had never lost internet. His phone wasn't cut off. And the weird thing is that he didn't just stop talking to me, he just stopped logging on to everything. No Skype, Twitter, Facebook, Twitch tv, League of Legends or Steam. His own cousin and best friend hadn't heard from him in a week also. He just started randomly ignoring everyone. I talked to Nyc, his cousin, and he said that he does this every so often and that he's a complete flake.

Well, even after his roommate supposedly talked to him, I was apparently not worth a call or even a text to figure out what is going on. Why would he invite me to Utah? Or say all of that stuff about us being in a relationship BEFORE and AFTER we started dating? I can understand just wanting to get into my pants, but why lay it on that thick after him visiting? Why suddenly ignore EVERYONE?!? Did I over react?
    If he contacts me what exactly should I say? I fell really hard for this guy and I'm pretty upset by the whole situation. But mainly I'm confused.

First off I'd like to say that I'm sorry you've allowed all this into your life and subsequently your heart.

Now: It doesn't matter "why" he did anything" The thing is that words are just words and mean nothing if there are not actions to back them up.

Get off the game that you are addicted to, to the point that you're only talking a meeting and doing men who you meet who also play, and get outside and do things that will give you fresh air and the ability to meet men who are into doing other things besides get inside their own heads over a GAME. Going to comic-con is just an extension of your addiction so don't confuse that to actually doing other things and getting other interests that will introduce you to good men that are in your area and close enough to nurture a "true" connection with.

The guy was a fling. Don't think you know someone who you've only been gaming with. You don't know them at all other then what superficial BS WORDS they spew your way.

Be glad he's ghosted on you. At least now you know that he's not worth being in a relationship with if he'd be that inconsiderate and such a lying scum bucket to you.

Get off the game and get out there and get to know men in real life. You'll find you don't so easily think you like a voice over a game that tells you shit he knows you'd like to hear only to disappear once he's had his fill of you.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW: If he contacts you, you'd do well to just tell him not to bother you anymore, that the weekend together showed you what a loser he actually is and that you know you can do better but thanks for the one night stand and then block and delete the idiot.

Keep in mind that before you actually meet anyone... everything you've said to each other prior to that is just bullshit. Meet with the knowledge that you know NOTHING about the real him and that your excitement to be face-to-face is NOT LOVE. You cant love someone based on words without actions to back them up. You can't know someone without spending lots of time with them face-to-face and learning just who they really are. You can, as you have, mistake your infatuation for more then that, which you did.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion