+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice please

Advice please

Started dating this girl about 2 months ago - and have had an absolute blast with her. We have a lot in common and seems like a real connection. But here is my dilemma.

She told me she ended things with her last two boyfriends when they went on a first trip together. Which I thought was a bit different , but okay !

I recently suggest we go away for a trip together 3-4 days something quick and she said - like the idea although I seem to have an issue with trips and they freak me out. I don't want to ruin something good because of a trip.

I felt maybe that she wasn't as interested as I was in this but than tonight invited me for dinner to meet her mom and sister as they will be in town.

Am I over thinking this or is this very mixed signals ?

Well, maybe she does have some issues with trips. But if she invited you to meet her family it is a big possibility she does mean it serious with you. You should talk to her about the whole thing, and try to find out gently what is that exact issue and offer your support in solving it

Quote Originally Posted by Moore23 View Post
    Started dating this girl about 2 months ago - and have had an absolute blast with her. We have a lot in common and seems like a real connection. But here is my dilemma.

She told me she ended things with her last two boyfriends when they went on a first trip together. Which I thought was a bit different , but okay !

I recently suggest we go away for a trip together 3-4 days something quick and she said - like the idea although I seem to have an issue with trips and they freak me out. I don't want to ruin something good because of a trip.

I felt maybe that she wasn't as interested as I was in this but than tonight invited me for dinner to meet her mom and sister as they will be in town.

Am I over thinking this or is this very mixed signals ?
    I personally think two months is a little too early to be making plans to go away on a trip - even a short 3-4 day thing. I don't necessarily think her responds means she isn't into you, in fact, she clearly is into you if she is communicating her fears and continuing to ask you out for dinner dates. I think that being forced to spend 3-4 days together too soon in a budding relationship can ruin the momentum you have. It's a lot of pressure and it can make people feel like things are progressing too quickly in a relationship.

I definitely think you are over thinking this. It doesn't seem like mixed signals to me. She explained why she feels uncomfortable going away on a trip too soon in the relationship, and she is still asking to spend time with you. That doesn't seem difficult to understand from my point of view.

I think you should relax. Enjoy the time you spend together, and maybe around 6+ months, suggest a short trip away together. By then you will know each other a lot better.

i can just pray for you moore!!!