+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My ex texted me. What does it mean?

My ex texted me. What does it mean?

I would like to get your thoughts on why she texted me. Our relationship ended bad we were both in love but on and off for the last few months of a two year relationship. She ended it and ignored me for the longest time I begged pleaded and cried and she wouldn't take me back. The one time we talked when I begged she mentioned I'm not saying we are over for good but we need this space to figure things out and we are basically not together anymore. Anyways Went into nc with her and 4 weeks later last night she texted me wishing me a happy belated birthday and she told me you may not think so but not a day goes by and I don't think of you. Take care. I replied after a while with thank you. Then she texted me saying how sorry she is for how bad and hurtful things ended and it was the only option to let go off me. And how she doesn't regret it because she feels more at peace and she's letting go of all the bad thoughts she had of me towards the end of the relationship. She said we can reflect and think clearly of what happened with us because of this space. She said I hope you don't hate me for what I did and her love for me is the same and she wants me to be happy even if it can't be with her anymore. Then I said I honestly think this space was the best thing to do in our situation and I don't hate you and I wish you nothing but the best. Goodnight. Any thoughts?

Sounds like she wants you back. Guessing she lost respect for you last time, so stop being so nice going forward. If you let her treat you poorly and don't call her on it, she'll again push you out of her life on the assumption you're too good for her. Good luck.
    Pain is what the world does to you, suffering is what you do to yourself. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

She wants you back my friend. What the chick above said is right. All of it. If you really love her and see it being mendable... take her back.
    But if you don't think it'll workout in the long-run... continue on your way man.
    First ask yourself if she will respect you for what she lost.
    If she will love you like she lost you.
    Cause she did.
    Did she truly learn her lesson yet?
    Usually takes a few months.

She misses you and probably feels guilty about hurting you and wants to know you don't hate her. Is my guess. Could be something else entirely though.

I've got no idea why the first two posters think she wants you back. Why would she write that she doesn't regret breaking up if she wanted you back?

I think she's just doing her own closure thing.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I've got no idea why the first two posters think she wants you back. Why would she write that she doesn't regret breaking up if she wanted you back?

I think she's just doing her own closure thing.
    I agree 100% with basilandthyme. I definitely did not read the OP the way most other posters have read it. It doesn't sound like the ex girlfriend wants the OP back, it sounds like she wants some sense of closure. Maybe she feels bad for the way it ended, or she's released whatever sense of hatred or resentment she had for the OP and she wants to create a sense of peace between them. If she wanted the OP back, she would have blatantly said she wanted him back. She would not have said she doesn't regret breaking up and that she feels more at peace. Unless there are more details that haven't been posted.

OP: I suggest you take this opportunity to get some closure. Sometimes people want to know their exes are doing well and that they are happy, but just because they check in from time to time, doesn't necessarily mean they want to reconcile the relationship. Have you spoken to your ex since the belated birthday text?

Quote Originally Posted by melancholia View Post
    I agree 100% with basilandthyme. I definitely did not read the OP the way most other posters have read it. It doesn't sound like the ex girlfriend wants the OP back, it sounds like she wants some sense of closure. Maybe she feels bad for the way it ended, or she's released whatever sense of hatred or resentment she had for the OP and she wants to create a sense of peace between them. If she wanted the OP back, she would have blatantly said she wanted him back. She would not have said she doesn't regret breaking up and that she feels more at peace. Unless there are more details that haven't been posted.

OP: I suggest you take this opportunity to get some closure. Sometimes people want to know their exes are doing well and that they are happy, but just because they check in from time to time, doesn't necessarily mean they want to reconcile the relationship. Have you spoken to your ex since the belated birthday text?
    Originally I felt the same way, but upon a length discussion with one of the posters who said she wanted him back, I have been swayed.

A woman isn't going to text a man who she's been split up with voluntarily for a month a belated happy birthday AND telling him she thinks about him daily. She lost respect for him, treated him badly, and the relationship ended because of it. She then had time to reflect on it, and is finding her way back, because she quite obviously loved him, but lost respect for him, which makes a relationship doomed.
    I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways, Maybe it's all part of a plan, Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes, Hoping that you'll understand--Ed Sheeran