+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: was she hinting at interest ir was it small talk?

was she hinting at interest ir was it small talk?

so i went to the mall today with one of my friends , anyways long story short
    i ended up talking to this girl that works at old navy , she asked me stuff like where do i work , if i was looking for a job also (my friend asked if they were hiring) and basically it was very easy to talk to her . she asked me if i knew the same ppl she knows that works at my place .meaning she knows ppl at my place and she wanted to know if i knew them too .

so do you think she was just small talking or she was hinting about being interested ...also she keept staring at me before i even spoke to her and she keept smiling ...and i know she has no BF (my other friend used to go to the same HS as her and told us about her )

cuz if shes interested and even if shes not , ill put the moves on her next week . just wanna se your inputs on this .

ps: i havent ""dated"" in 2 years and just got out of a 15th month relationship but im over it now . i dunno if im going to fast as to take her out next week ...after meeting her for 5 mins before .

Screw it. Go for it.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

How was she acting towards your friend?
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

Tone Guest
    Just go with the flow, man.

Next time you're there say somethin like "We should hang out sometime where you can focus on telling me more about yourself and not folding clothes" - be sure to give her a big smile after this so she knows you're just teasing.

Say somethin that hints on you guys gettin together outside of Old Navy. Good luck, keep us updated.

I agree with Tone. It's hard to tell if she was making small talk or was actually interested, it would depend on how she acts towards others as well. I would also suggest just asking her to hang out sometime. You can get a better feel on if she is interested when she's not working. Just try not to rush anything or read too much into anything.

Quote Originally Posted by mini696
    How was she acting towards your friend?

my friend always goes there to buy cloths , so he's seen her around lots of times and she saw him also(altho not checking out, but she did keep staring at me ) and then since he was with me , he decided to talk to her . but she talked to me more than to my friend and he has a GF anyways . all she said to my friend was ""yea , those pants fit you well "" because he asked her and she added ""it would match nice with a white shirt"". else than that , she keept staring at me ...

i always do this little thing to see if girls are checking me out ... i pretend to ignore them and i look at other reflective surfaces EX :mirror , glass , i look indirectly at them ... like i look at the shirt next to them but i can still see where their facing with the corner of my eye ...because when you look directly , most ppl just look away .

so i noticed she keept looking so when my friend was changing i went to ask her about her job and how it was , you know , small talk .then she asked me where i worked and also , i noticed she wasnt nervious/shy or anything like that torwards me , she actually made conversation when she could have just aswered my question . so i take that as some kind of interest but correct me if im wrong ,

actually screw next week , im going to see if shes there on saturday and after her shift ill take her to dinner if shes there since she was soo socialable , if not ill ask when shes working, i wont come around and ask if she wants to go on a date , ill just say something like "so what are you doing after work? cuz i was thinking maybe we could go for a bite after your shift ...just hang out ." and i know shes single and hasnt had a bf most probably ever (i hope shes still single and that the information my friend gave me isnt out dated . )
    Last edited by Late_vamp; 24-09-05 at 04:13 AM.

Tone Guest
    Sounds like a plan my man.

Good luck! Let us know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    I agree with Tone. It's hard to tell if she was making small talk or was actually interested, it would depend on how she acts towards others as well. I would also suggest just asking her to hang out sometime. You can get a better feel on if she is interested when she's not working. Just try not to rush anything or read too much into anything.
    I agree with the above. The comfortability factor is tricky. Just because she seems to pay a lot of attention to you doesn't mean she wants you. Around certain people a lot of girls can be too friendly at times so don't jump to any conclusions just yet.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    I agree with the above. The comfortability factor is tricky. Just because she seems to pay a lot of attention to you doesn't mean she wants you. Around certain people a lot of girls can be too friendly at times so don't jump to any conclusions just yet.
    well i dint see her yesterday , first thing , i had a friends B-day surprise party and i couldnt make it to her work in time if i would have went , also if i would have gone to see her , i wouldnt of have asked to hangout later because of party .

so i ended up going to the party . wich was fine , then we went to the club wich i got to get a couple of dances with some girls (mmm reggae style) and now its sunday and i dont plan on going to see her at work (i dont even know if shes working)

on the good news , well i got her name , also , 2 ppl of my friends GF know her and they will try to get info on her (like just knowing if she has a BF and when shes working) also , if things dont go as planned for me , her friends could aslo arrange a kinda get together , so i can meet her with all of each others friends (shes still in HS BTW , im not tho) so it wont be ankward for her .

im gonna wait a week (in the mean while , ill try to get those girls at school , for math help ...and a little "extra" if you get my drift) , then since i know she works on thursday , ill try to show up (if work allows me) and talk to her and get her # . but the day when i meet her , my confidence was sky high , now i feel like its very low , i think this would affect my actions torwards getting her . WISH ME MORE LUCK PPL .

Good luck! You can do it. Don't let your confidence drop too much, you seem like a great guy so you have nothing to worry about.

Tone Guest
    Just remember, she's just another human being. As long as you convince yourself of that and that all you're doing is just having friendly conversation with someone, you should be fine and not studdering around or saying stupid things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Just remember, she's just another human being. As long as you convince yourself of that and that all you're doing is just having friendly conversation with someone, you should be fine and not studdering around or saying stupid things.
    **minor update**

well i cant really remember if i ever studdered while talking to a woman/girl . i dont think i ever did . i try not to say stupid things and when i spoke to her we were both being very social and open . well , im working tomorrow and wednesday so i cant go see her , plus i doubt shes working those days , ill try to go as i planned on thurday evening .

also theres this very good looking kinda asian-ish girl that keeps looking at me in school , but this is hard because its adult school and everybody minds their own buisness .

today she keeps looking at me from far (like the last week also ) with her 2 friends . then she walked next to me all the way to the metro , when i slowed down , so did she . and when i got in the metro , the doors stopped in front of her , she could have gone in the other cart but instead she came to where i was and there was less space than in the other one . then the whole ride i did my little "ignore" technique , and i noticed she keept looking (from the windows , and other refelctive surfaces i noticed her) , thats when i knew she was interested . or at least kind of interested .
    i just dunno how to approach a complete stranger without being in a place of social gathering (club , bar ) or being drunk .

Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    so i went to the mall today with one of my friends , anyways long story short
    i ended up talking to this girl that works at old navy , she asked me stuff like where do i work , if i was looking for a job also (my friend asked if they were hiring) and basically it was very easy to talk to her . she asked me if i knew the same ppl she knows that works at my place .meaning she knows ppl at my place and she wanted to know if i knew them too .

so do you think she was just small talking or she was hinting about being interested ...also she keept staring at me before i even spoke to her and she keept smiling ...and i know she has no BF (my other friend used to go to the same HS as her and told us about her )

cuz if shes interested and even if shes not , ill put the moves on her next week . just wanna se your inputs on this .

ps: i havent ""dated"" in 2 years and just got out of a 15th month relationship but im over it now . i dunno if im going to fast as to take her out next week ...after meeting her for 5 mins before .
    I'm used to a lot of PUA lingo, so I'll just explain a few of em briefly: IOI = Indicator of Interest, its where a girl sends you a signal that she's attracted to you; AI = Approach Invitation, a girl wants you to approach her.

So here's the deal, before you talk to her she's already smiling at you and looking at you, this means she's already interested, thats both AI and IOI. When you talk to her, she asked where you worked, thats an IOI, she asked if you had friends in common, thats another IOI, and she smiled and sent positive signals, those are all IOI's. All you had to do was say, "hey, I gotta go, but we should continue this conversation elsewhere." At that point, she'll offer you her number / ask for yours (most common), smile & nod - i.e. not that interested (occasionally happens), suggest a time & place (least common). There are no "moves" you have to put on her, if she's interested let her put the moves on you and make her earn the right to be hit on, just demonstrate you're a person of high social status and show that you're interesting, which is easily done by holding good conversation.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya
    I'm used to a lot of PUA lingo, so I'll just explain a few of em briefly: IOI = Indicator of Interest, its where a girl sends you a signal that she's attracted to you; AI = Approach Invitation, a girl wants you to approach her.

So here's the deal, before you talk to her she's already smiling at you and looking at you, this means she's already interested, thats both AI and IOI. When you talk to her, she asked where you worked, thats an IOI, she asked if you had friends in common, thats another IOI, and she smiled and sent positive signals, those are all IOI's. All you had to do was say, "hey, I gotta go, but we should continue this conversation elsewhere." At that point, she'll offer you her number / ask for yours (most common), smile & nod - i.e. not that interested (occasionally happens), suggest a time & place (least common). There are no "moves" you have to put on her, if she's interested let her put the moves on you and make her earn the right to be hit on, just demonstrate you're a person of high social status and show that you're interesting, which is easily done by holding good conversation.
    nice playa . i needed somebody to help me find the meanings behind those signals . i wasnt sure about it . now all i gotta do is wait till thursday .
    balls , check
    speech , check
    smell, check
    now wheres that friend that just follows you around and stays in the background when you need em . i'm gonna look kinda weird just showing up there without taking a look at the cloths there . at least with a bud of mine , i could say he came here to find pants . ahh , too bad , just go straight for the goal .

ok , i know im interested in 2 girls at the same time , at least im not dating any of them at the same time .

so i spoke to the other for the first time today , things seem to be going good there .

but with this one , i havent spoken to her since last week (first time i saw her ).
    she seems a bit more open and less shy . so ill try to approach her today later on .

its funny because the 2 girls that im interested on , ill talk to both of them on the same day .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast