+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What age to move out of parent's house?...

What age to move out of parent's house?...

So due to a ridiculous set of circumstances at the ripe age of 26 I can no longer stand living at my parents house (specifically because my mom is whacked out of her mind) , and I've basically told myself I HAVE to move out. The thought of doing so really scares the **** out of me.. Up to this point in my life I've just been living carefree, spending money on whatever I feel like and not worrying. There is also this stripper girlfriend I've had and I will NOT allow myself to continue spending frivolously on her. Probably won't see her again but that's a relatively small thing I worry about. .. After moving out it will be like an entirely different life and it has me really worried.. I do have 10 grand saved up but other than that I have nothing going for me.. A full time job that pays a meager 12.70 an hour, no schooling, and no credit.. So I'm kinda lost here, looking for tips and advice on moving out and perhaps how other users who have moved out managed to find there legs sorta speak and be comfortable living independently.

You first need a person to go into a rooming agreement with you, so you only pay half the amount of money for rent and groceries. Also see if you can find other employment or a second job in the evening to help you pay other bills.

If you have any items you could sell for cash do that too.

Agree with Topaz. Find a roommate who you can share rent with.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

You will have to lower your expectations of being able to live in the manner your parents have provided for. It is long past the time you should have done this, and it will probably take a while for you to catch up to your peers, but it's not too late, and having to do without some of your "wants" being met will be a perfect opportunity to get yourself motivated to find a decent-paying job.

Yes to the roommate, etc.

PS- you will probably learn to appreciate your parents more in the end....