+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Romance

lilwing89 Guest

Romance

I can't think of anything.. i guess im not romantic...

all i can think of is "watching the sun set"

help

Walking, in a park on a Fall Day

Going for Ice Cream.

Snuggling by a Fire.

Making dinner together. Or making dinner for her.

Foot massage!

Running your fingers through her hair.

Looking into her eyes.

Romance happens when you know someone, what is special to them, and you incorporate that into a moment for someone.

I treasure my classic vette, I never drive it in the rain. On an anniversary it was pouring rain. Our first date was in that car. I picked her up in the car.

She knows how I feel about the rain, and the car, but having that car out front of her house, and me holding the door open, was romantic. It would not have meant anything to anyone else. It meant the world to her, and that I did it for her.

I did not mention the hours it would take to clean it, I just smiled and made her feel like a princess in a coach.

Romance is a way to profess your love.

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    Walking, in a park on a Fall Day

Going for Ice Cream.

Snuggling by a Fire.

Making dinner together. Or making dinner for her.

Foot massage!

Running your fingers through her hair.

Looking into her eyes.
    You know what really chaps my ass is that I used to do all those things with my ex, and one of the main reasons she dumped me is because I'm not romantic. WTF?

Everybody's different man. Just do something that will make her feel loved. Take a blanket outside at night and lay under the stars. Watch the sunset, it doesn't matter. I think that most girls would consider almost anything romantic as long as they feel you are putting forth a considerable effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluevetteracer
    Romance happens when you know someone, what is special to them, and you incorporate that into a moment for someone.

I treasure my classic vette, I never drive it in the rain. On an anniversary it was pouring rain. Our first date was in that car. I picked her up in the car.

She knows how I feel about the rain, and the car, but having that car out front of her house, and me holding the door open, was romantic. It would not have meant anything to anyone else. It meant the world to her, and that I did it for her.

I did not mention the hours it would take to clean it, I just smiled and made her feel like a princess in a coach.

Romance is a way to profess your love.
    Very sweet and original. I agree, this would definitely impress me, not because it meant something personally to ME (I don't care about cars, and she probably doesn't either) but because it meant something to YOU.

Tone Guest
    Blue vette, you are awesome! I'm glad to have you on this forum.

gHEXjt - maybe you should pay closer attention to these words:
    ;p

Maybe what YOU thought romantic she didn't really care for... and she maybe thought you didn't know the real her, and what she thought was romantic.

That's right, romance only happens when there is an external connection to it.

Going for ice cream is not romantic.

But let's say you met in an ice cream parlor. On your anniversary you have special plans, but at the end of the night, back at your place, you secretly have a couple of dishes of ice cream waiting in the freezer, so you can relive that moment.

The ice cream is not romantic, the car is not romantic, the fact that you remembered what the context of some special moment was, and were able to make it special again, is romantic.

Many guys send girls roses for some reason or another, flowers are nice and girls like them, but all in all they are not romantic, unless there is a context.

Here is an example.

Valentines Day.

This girl I met at work, very attractive, very nice, single, and had many, many men perusing her. She had seen me around and I never really hit on her or flirted with her, she was so use to that, it would have put me on the same level as the rest of the guys. Finally one day, 2 days before Valentines Day, she said to me, "I see you coming and going now and then, you just use the copier, and then leave, are you embezzling documents". I said, you busted me, Bond, James Bond is the name. She laughed, and I said, "Love to chat, but my get away car is double parked.

On Valentines Day she got so many bouquets of flowers, security had to help her take them to her car. But, from me she got a Manila envelope that was sealed with CLASSIFIED tape. She opened it to find some made up spy documents and a national security reason to "infiltrate" me and learn all she could about me. There were dinner reservations, and some tickets to a movie.

Guess who she was out with On Valentines Day.

Lesson. Romance is about the context, not the objects, settings or person.

Yippee! A guy who FINALLY gets it!

Here is an example.

Valentines Day.

This girl I met at work, very attractive, very nice, single, and had many, many men perusing her. She had seen me around and I never really hit on her or flirted with her, she was so use to that, it would have put me on the same level as the rest of the guys. Finally one day, 2 days before Valentines Day, she said to me, "I see you coming and going now and then, you just use the copier, and then leave, are you embezzling documents". I said, you busted me, Bond, James Bond is the name. She laughed, and I said, "Love to chat, but my get away car is double parked.

On Valentines Day she got so many bouquets of flowers, security had to help her take them to her car. But, from me she got a Manila envelope that was sealed with CLASSIFIED tape. She opened it to find some made up spy documents and a national security reason to "infiltrate" me and learn all she could about me. There were dinner reservations, and some tickets to a movie.

Guess who she was out with On Valentines Day.

Lesson. Romance is about the context, not the objects, settings or person.

That is so cute! You have some really great ideas.

lilwing, try to be original. Do something for your girl that you think no one else has ever done for her before. For example, pack a lunch for the both of you and take her to a park for a picnic. You could also remind her how much you care about her by leaving little notes for her to find. If you really want to win romantic points with your girl, sometimes you have to go all out like dance with her in a fountain in the city at nighttime while you sing "you are so beautiful to me." I can tell you from experience all these examples work like a charm.

Tone Guest
    Blue vette is my new idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Blue vette, you are awesome! I'm glad to have you on this forum.

gHEXjt - maybe you should pay closer attention to these words:

;p

Maybe what YOU thought romantic she didn't really care for... and she maybe thought you didn't know the real her, and what she thought was romantic.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. But the only problem I had with that was that I'd ask her what kind of things she thought were romantic, and she wouldn't tell me like I was supposed to know what she wanted. She'd just say, "I don't know." But when I did those other things on that list, she would act like they were very romantic. But then she'd say I wasn't romantic. The more I think about it, that reason is probably crap. I think we just broke up because I wouldn't serve as her personal doormat, but she just didn't want to say that.

Maybe she just underappreciated you, gHEXjt... REAL romance is hard to consciously construct. It's more about being thoughtful.

Pilots have it made.

Here's a story. So my best friend flew me and another friend to Las Vegas. We get a cab ride back to the airpirt after the trip from this indian dude who shall we say was very impressed with my young pilot friend. Here comes the funny quote....

"I've always wanted to be a pilot. Fly to New York, Get P*ssy, fly to Hong Kong, get P*ssy, Fly to London, get P*ssy. Everywhere you go, you just get P*ssy."
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

My neighbor is a pilot, and even if I were married to him, I wouldn't sleep with him...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast