+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My wife has started dating while the divorce is pending. How can I make her stop?

My wife has started dating while the divorce is pending. How can I make her stop?

My wife and I have been separated for 2 months now. We don't have any children. I bought a new place for myself while she's staying at our house. We both own the house. Anyways, that's not the issue. She's solely paying the house bills since she's the one who's currently living there. The issue is why has she started dating right now. We're not divorced yet. When we were together I paid $3700 for her breast augmentation. So, I believe that rightfully gives me some authority over her. But, she doesn't get it. I told her she shouldn't date anyone when our divorce hasn't yet been finalized. I told her I had the right to tell her to stop but she didn't get the picture. She didn't even get it when we were still together. She wouldn't wear what I would tell her to wear. I mean she would at times wear skimpy dresses. I didn't pay for her augmentation so that she would show it off on public. It was for her own self-esteem. She needs to know that as long as the divorce is still pending I have some authority over her. I was the one that paid for her confidence level to go higher. What should i do?

You need to get some help for you. You have ZERO right to tell her what to do or what to wear! She's her own person. If you decided to pay for her fake boobies, than that was a gift from you. You have no right to throw that up in her face. I believe she should wait to date until the divorce is final, but only because she needs time to get a grip from living with your apparently way to controlling self...
    I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways, Maybe it's all part of a plan, Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes, Hoping that you'll understand--Ed Sheeran

Lol, you pay $3700 for breast augmentation and you think you own the person. Dude, what planet are you currently on? Get a life man! Your wife can do whatever the hell she wants without permission from papa bear.
    Last edited by dontaskme; 28-10-15 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOsbourne View Post
    My wife and I have been separated for 2 months now. We don't have any children. I bought a new place for myself while she's staying at our house. We both own the house. Anyways, that's not the issue. She's solely paying the house bills since she's the one who's currently living there. The issue is why has she started dating right now. We're not divorced yet. When we were together I paid $3700 for her breast augmentation. So, I believe that rightfully gives me some authority over her. But, she doesn't get it. I told her she shouldn't date anyone when our divorce hasn't yet been finalized. I told her I had the right to tell her to stop but she didn't get the picture. She didn't even get it when we were still together. She wouldn't wear what I would tell her to wear. I mean she would at times wear skimpy dresses. I didn't pay for her augmentation so that she would show it off on public. It was for her own self-esteem. She needs to know that as long as the divorce is still pending I have some authority over her. I was the one that paid for her confidence level to go higher. What should i do?
    What should you do? Get your head out of the f*cking sand. Being married to someone does not entitle you to have authority over them. The only person you have any authority over is yourself. It doesn't matter what you paid for, if she got a sweet rack out of the deal, then good on her. She doesn't owe you anything. In fact, it sounds like she is much better off being single, and hopefully she is getting a good idea of what it's like to date people with a normal mentality on relationships.

If you want authority over someone, become a cop in the US.
    Last edited by melancholia; 28-10-15 at 02:01 PM.

you can't stopped him because she is not comfortable with you .

If divorce is pending wouldn't that mean you are separated now? So you or she can date whomever.
    Boobies all paid for, or making payments? Idk claim the cost in your divorce settlement if you want, not sure what else you can do with that. Why didn't she pay for her new tits herself? Lesson learned, huh!