+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you thankful for?

I am thankful to be Canadian, now more than ever.

Heard they are doing a recount. All the homeless and other problems and spending millions upon millions on a recount.

Thankful for my best friends and the holiday we took together.

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

Thankful this year is going to end soon!

Hi.. i'm a new member here..

i am thankful for everything specially to my mama who always their for me.. and giving me supports for everything. i love my mama forever..

My name is Gustavo Woltmann and I'm very thankful to my Wife. She's always there for me since we are still studying. Until now, we have already kids she's always take care of me and my kids. For all the food that she serve to me everyday and for all taking care of all my kids. I know saying thank you is still not enough. That's why I'll do my best to make you happy and to make sure that we won't lose each other until the end. Our family will stay together happy ever after. This Christmas I will threat her to a famous hotel in Panama near the beach. I can't wait to see her reaction when I say this to her. Again, thanks a lot my Wife.
    __
    “—Amy said that would be an imprudent expense; but as soon as he had got a good price for a book. Will not the publishers be kind? If they knew what happiness lurked in embryo within their foolish cheque-books!”
    -George Gissing, New Grub Street

Thankful for footie rubs by my boyfriend when I need them. So relaxing too.

For family and friends especially this time of year and not having to cook a big Christmas feast for 20 by myself.

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

My mom and sister ( the most) they are my rechargers in life and biggest champions and when down they don't force me to cheer up they just love and support and comfort me along the way. Bless them always.

My Hazel wakes me up with the best puppy kisses. It's nice to start the day being loved on, makes the day seem to go better.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

For me one that is very recent....

For the first time in my life, I feel thankful to be me in a way that feels pure and sincere. I hope that doesn't sound cocky (cockiness is for sure NOT me AT ALL), but I've never really been my own biggest fan. In fact, I am usually my own worst enemy. But, I don't know, lately I have just reached an inner-peace I've never thought I would. I think a large part of that, sadly, came from finally accepting who and what I am. I'm not really meant for this world, exactly. I'm weird, I'm bizarre, I'm abnormal. LOL! BUT.... I embrace that weird. I enjoy it. I love it. So, lately, I've just really come into myself in a way I honestly NEVER thought I would.

Probably won't last long if I know me.... but I'll enjoy it while it does.

It's not cocky to be proud of your personal growth and progress! I'm happy for you!
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Thanks! It is good and bad for various different reasons, but at least I've been happy. Not a luxury that is often afforded me.

[MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION], you should consider reading the book I plugged in the "What Book Are You Reading" thread (The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, by Mark Manson). You seem like the type of person who would enjoy that book. It's hilarious and inspiring at the same time.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Just the title already has me intrigued. Thanks for the suggestion, melancholia. I'll have to look for that. I don't get as much time to read these days as I'd like, but I do want to read more. I love reading.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    For me one that is very recent....

For the first time in my life, I feel thankful to be me in a way that feels pure and sincere. I hope that doesn't sound cocky (cockiness is for sure NOT me AT ALL), but I've never really been my own biggest fan. In fact, I am usually my own worst enemy. But, I don't know, lately I have just reached an inner-peace I've never thought I would. I think a large part of that, sadly, came from finally accepting who and what I am. I'm not really meant for this world, exactly. I'm weird, I'm bizarre, I'm abnormal. LOL! BUT.... I embrace that weird. I enjoy it. I love it. So, lately, I've just really come into myself in a way I honestly NEVER thought I would.

Probably won't last long if I know me.... but I'll enjoy it while it does.
    Good for you! and hope it will last, and that 2017 will be YOUR year.

- - - Updated - - -

Thankful for the extended time I had with my parents over the holidays and how great they get along with my sweetheart too. One big happy gang/family.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast