+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you thankful for?

I am thankful I can try again on all levels because the new year is always a fresh new start. Here's hoping.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I am thankful for my boyfriend's level of patience. He keeps me in my place and reminds me to keep my cool in times when it's not so easy for me. He never censors me or shames me when I am stressing out, but his calm demeanor and tendency to keep his cool really inspires me to do the same.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Thankful my mum is such a strong woman and that pain and sorrow doesn't completely cripple and stop her from going on.

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

A small amount of memory loss. Isn't always a bad thing it appears.

Weekend getaways.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Witnessing real love among friends.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I am thankful for nice gestures that show a friend, family member & Bf care about your feelings.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

For it being Friday! Woot! TGIF.

I am thankful that, despite my feelings on love and the likelihood of me ever finding it even though I always USED TO really want it (in other words, I've come to believe it is never going to happen for me), I've still never wished the same misery upon those I love. That's one of those things where sometimes you just can't help how you feel. If things haven't gone well for you, you can't help that even though you feel bad about it, part of you gets mad/jealous when others have luck where you do not. It isn't malicious, it's just you kind of can't help but feel betrayed by life when others seem to get everything you want and you never do.....

But that has thankfully never been my experience. When a friend tells me of a new relationship, or one going particularly well (such as taking a step to a new level) I am genuinely happy for them. Frankly, almost as happy as I'd be if it were me, because this is a particularly good guy who I think deserves to be happy. In fact, a friend of mine just recently told me he has a new girlfriend, and instead of being jealous I was genuinely very happy for him. Like, in that gut reaction, I didn't think about it, that is just genuinely how I felt kind of way. I'm happy I've never lost that.
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 17-02-17 at 11:38 PM.

Thankful that my room mate has yet to give me her cold. Do not think I could stand another big virus so soon. Disinfecting everything she touches.

thankful for finding this forum tonight - looks great.

Thankful for good friends, sunshine, drinks and a nice winter tan

Microwaved meals ...I am so lazy on weekends and if I didn't have that to throw in for lunches I'd just not eat.

Nothing to do late in my day but lounge around at home and do whatever. Stress - none exists in that moment.

Warmer weather and having to wear less clothes.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast