+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex Partner - guidance needed

Ex Partner - guidance needed

Hi everyone

Me and my partner have been together a little while. I was previously married and have 2 children, he has an ex partner and 1 child.

My ex partner has left us alone and is quite happy I have found someone else and likewise with him.

My new partners ex has a new partner and he has left them alone, she however is causing some big issues for us!

She asked to meet me in her words 'just to say hello' so I could be around her son, I understood this and said I was happy to do so, despite several people close to me saying you don't have to etc. I went last Saturday I ended up being there for 2 hours whilst she told me everything bad and negative about my partner, his friends and his family. I of course told him this and for the past week he hadn't mentioned anything because we knew that's what she wanted. The whole conversation she didn't bring her son up at all, and last Sunday me, my two children my partner and his son spent the day together which was nice.

As of yesterday something was brought up between my partner and his ex and she said I was lying, I said I didn't like his friends, that him and his sister had a weird relationship, I didn't like his mum etc all of which I never said.

She tripped herself up saying that I had said I didn't like a particular friend of his whom I only met this week after our meeting last week, then decided I had said it about another friend - the only one I have met.

Now I have been told I am liar by her and if I don't admit to lying then I cannot be around her son, obviously I am not prepared to say I am lying when I know I am not, and I know full well by saying I was lying I still wouldn't be able to see him so she is just playing games.

I feel like she obviously said all this stuff to me last week to put doubts into my mind about my partner his friends and his family, and now she is trying to put doubts into my partners mind about whether I am lying.

I feel like I have done everything I was asked to do and was being genuine. She has sent me around 100 text messages, called me constantly right up until 3am yesterday, threatened to kill me and come to my work!

She told my partner yesterday that she feels like something is missing when they don't talk!

All I can sit and think about is why she is so bothered, why is she trying to do this. I have done nothing to her, my messages have always been polite and I went to see her like she asked. She ended their relationship and is supposedly happy in her own new relationship so why is she trying to cause problems in ours?

She's crazy and she's in love with your current partner and can't stand to see him with someone else. Sounds like she's jealous of you. I think you have taken the high ground and you should continue to take the high ground by cutting out all communication with her. She plays dirty and unfair. She isn't worth your time. As they say misery loves company, and of course she wants you to be as miserable as she is. I can't stand nutjobs like her. Also, whomever is feeding you this information that's coming from her should also be informed that you dont want to hear it and they should respect that. Why would someone want to bring you down with any back talk from this psycho? She needs to be cut out of your lives. Dealings should be done for the kids sake and all other communication null and void.