+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sex without feelings?

Sex without feelings?

Can a guy/girl really have sex without any feelings (expect maybe paid sex). I have never slept with anyone without any feelings so when I heard from someone close who said he is capable of it, I found it hard to believe.

Thinking back. Sometimes yes....sometimes no. I think it depended on whether or not I was to him in the first place.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

In my experience, it is much easier for men to separate their feelings than it is for women, especially young women.

Yes. People really can have sex without attachment to the other person, even without being paid for it. Often, though, the lines blur easily between a platonic and romantic relationship when one, or both people, are being inauthentic about what they want. Either they've talked themselves out of how they really feel, or they are acting in a way they think they should, and not how they actually want to be.

I've slept with guys who I haven't had feelings for. I've also slept with men who have not developed feelings for me. I've slept with men who I've had feelings for, and men have slept with me and grown attached to me as well. Sex isn't black and white.

Sex bonds. One night stands means neither person is seeing the other long enough to bond.

I think that people tend to mistake lust and infatuation with feelings of love.

Not to mention the addiction of oxytocin chemicals (the bonding hormone in women) being release during orgasm makes sense why women tend to get attached more often then men. Oxytocin is also released during breast feeding which helps mother and child bond as well.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thanks all for your replies, it's really interesting.

Its weird for me too. Just the thought of kissing without feelings is really yuck....

http://tinyurl.com/relationships-tricks-technique
    http://tinyurl.com/dating-howitworks
    http://tinyurl.com/relationshipslike-rightnow

Yes it's really possible.

Yes, that is what one night stands are all about and fu ck buddles and FWB people do it all the time with no feelings and only wanting sex from each other not love.

For men - yes. It had to be this way for the sake of evolution. Remember that we haven't always lived in the manufactured reality that we have now, in our most natural state chances are a man got a girl pregnant and the baby wasn't going to make it, knowing this it only makes sense that men had to be wired to spread their seed as much as possible for the preservation of our species.

For women - yes but not as likely as with men. This evolutionary need isn't as inherent in female DNA for obvious reasons so it's less likely for her brain to be wired as such.
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.